Blinker Switch not working, headlights stay on 15 minutes - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Blinker Switch not working, headlights stay on 15 minutes > Blinker Switch not working, headlights stay on 15 minutes
2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinker Switch not working, headlights stay on 15 minutes

Old 08-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Headlight and most steering column controls not responding

Strange problem. I have a 2011 F150 Lariat.

I disconnected the battery to clean the terminal to clean off the corrosion, now almost all the controls on the column are not responding, the cruise control, blinkers/high beams, radio controls, pedal adjust controls all are not responding in addition to the headlight control next to it. The dashboard navigation control (OK/Left/Right/Up/Down) is working though.

The car starts beeping when I get in even before the key is in the ignition and the lights go on and stay on in "normal" mode and don't respond to the headlight control. The headlights and fog lights stay on in the full on position for about 10 minutes before shutting off, the high beams also won't engage. Also the blinkers wont engage. This all started upon reconnecting the battery. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS WITHOUT ISSUE. Weird.

I looked up as much as I could and found reference to a fuse for the steering wheel control module, but it wasn't burnt out, replaced it anyway and still nothing.

Help!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by kennygoers; 08-14-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Bad discription

Search this Thread