2009 - 2014 F-150

Reverse Wire Color and Location

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse Wire Color and Location

Help please. Please read for what i'm asking for. WIRE COLOR AND LOCATION IN CAB or ENGINE COMPARTMENT ONLY?????? I know where it is at the tail lights and 7 pin harness.
I have searched all the threads, all the different online forums, and still have not found the right answer. We need to make a sticky. There are many looking for the same answer as I. Are there any FORD TECHS out there that can shed the light with location pictures.
Need to know where to connect the purple with white strip, ( REVERES WIRE ), from the HU of my aftermarket Kenwood DNX693S.
It seems that 2004-2008 and then 2009 to 2011 and then 2012 to 2014 and then 2015 to 2017 all have different locations and colours of wires. Some say black W/pink stripe in the door sill drivers side? Some say blue W/ white in the drivers side kick plate? Some say blue wire in the passenger door sill? Some say grey w/ brown at the battery junction box. Some say behind the front wheel driver side black wire w/ green strip. Well you get my dilemma lol.
You have to be pretty simple if you can't find it at the tail lights yet you create a head like this and people still say to hook up to the tail lights. The HU is in the cab. I really don't want to run a another wire from the back to the front UNLESS I really had to.
Please no more guessing. We are talking a 2009 F150 colour and location in cab or engine compartment?
Thanks and sorry if I sound like I have a pickle up my wasooo. Just frustration setting in with no definitive answers.