2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

F-150 EcoBoost 2013 (Recall Break manifold)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-150 EcoBoost 2013 (Recall Break manifold)

I am running into an issue and need people who know more than me to help me out (thanks in advance)
Problem: Had the breaks fail due to recall issue known to Ford.
Description of Recall:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 F-150 vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to August 31, 2014 equipped with 3.5L engines. The master cylinder rear cup seal may roll, resulting in brake fluid leakage from the primary reservoir into the brake booster.
Action Need To Fix It:
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake master cylinder and, if necessary, the brake booster, free of charge. The recall began on October 28, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S24.
Ford Dealer Response when failure happened: we will only replace the master cylinder. Original place where I took it said the booster filled up with fluid. He sucked out a large amount of break fluid.

Took the truck in due to fog from the HVAC system into the cab. They are saying the heater core is leaking. I looked at the engine and I see smoke coming from the engine.

Question: knowing the vacuum lines filled with break fluid would this cause other downstream issues with the motor?

The 2nd Ford Dealer said this was a clear miss from the original dealer not willing to replace the booster that filled with break fluid but since it was over a year they can't do anything about it.

Thoughts? Thanks guys not trying to be difficult just trying to figure out if one would be linked with the other.

Quick Reply: F-150 EcoBoost 2013 (Recall Break manifold)