2009 - 2014 F-150

DarrenWS6's 2013 F-150 FX4 Supercrew!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Looks great Darren! And don't say Trump...we don't want to trigger anyone to go to their special safe place
Hilarious!

Old 11-29-2016, 01:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking truck!

As far as levelling your truck, if you can splurge a bit, go with the fox coils. Even the 2.0's have an amazing ride quality. Bilsteins ride very stiff. I have installed a couple sets of the fox coils, and won't go back. Going to hopefully get a set for my truck soon to replace the bilsteins.

But if you go the lifted route, bds makes a good lift!

Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by baticus
Great looking truck!

As far as levelling your truck, if you can splurge a bit, go with the fox coils. Even the 2.0's have an amazing ride quality. Bilsteins ride very stiff. I have installed a couple sets of the fox coils, and won't go back. Going to hopefully get a set for my truck soon to replace the bilsteins.

But if you go the lifted route, bds makes a good lift!
Kind of already bought the Bilsteins hahah. $349 black friday deal from stage 3 motorsports. Those Fox ones cost so much I doubt I would try them out. I'd rather have a lift. But unless I can garage it with a lift that won't happen.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll be happy with the bilsteins. The fox ones are expensive, but the ride is amazing from them.

How tall is the header on your garage? My brothers 12 super duty with a 6" lift and 37's still fits in his garage! Haha

Old 12-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Kind of already bought the Bilsteins hahah. $349 black friday deal from stage 3 motorsports. Those Fox ones cost so much I doubt I would try them out. I'd rather have a lift. But unless I can garage it with a lift that won't happen.
I think you'll like the Bilsteins. For that price they're hard to beat. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Old 12-10-2016, 11:27 AM

Drove the truck loaded with people to a work meeting again this month. The Roush cat-back made itself very much known on the hills. It annoyed me pretty good, nobody complained and my bud said he loved it so haha.

I changed the oil after I got back last night. Motorcraft 5w20 & a M500-S filter, I couldn't believe it took 8 honking quarts of oil ( or calls for 7.7? ). I did not expect that. Since the 5.0 is smaller than the 5.4 was I figured it would be 6 quarts. Must be for the longer oil change intervals.

One thing is for sure I need to get it up in the air more. I'm used to sliding under with the creeper with ease. This one is a bit low, and I got myself stuck under the air dam and pissed off .

Old 12-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I noticed the amount of oil when I had my '11 Lariat with the 5.0. I'd change mine every 5 to 6K miles and usually had to add a quart in between changes. I used the same MC oil and filter and would add a container of Techron every 10K miles to help quieten down the injectors. Only problem I had with the 5.0 was at 2K miles when the CEL came on..took it to the dealer and after an O2 sensor and 4 new injectors it finally cleared and no others problems after. Looking forward to seeing the truck with the Bilsteins if you ended up going with that route. Hope its not too cold up there because we got down to 35 this morning and we're not use to the cold!!

Old 02-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Where are the Mod updates!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:06 AM

Around the corner! I actually just did an intake mod. Money has been a little tight and I have hardly drove the truck. Planning on installing my Bilstein stuff soon and tinting it myself. Then once I can do the tune and can adjust for tire size i'll have my chunky tires on it. I want newer wheels badly. After having the XDs on 3 trucks i'm quite bored of them .

Old 05-28-2017, 11:49 AM

3 months later, not much has changed LOL! Life has been a bit busy and funds have been tight. Even considering a life relocation for work.

I bought an Airaid Jr. used intake tube & dryflow filter. I think it likes it. I've hardly driven the truck much, but I have been considering the possibility for a 4" lift. I have a 7' garage door and I have read a 6" w/ 35"s will fit through a 7' door. Plus 4" w/ 35"s looks extremely clean!

I will install the Bilstein level struts and put my M/Ts on. Not sure if I will put them on the XD wheels or not yet. Probably put the tires on the OE wheels with the Bora 1.5" spacers from the previous truck.

Here is a recent photo all cleaned and dressed.
Name:  IMG_20170524_083024_716_zps254bv6wk.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  302.2 KB

Old 05-29-2017, 12:54 AM
I love the crew with a 6.5ft box and a 4" lift. I think it really changes how long the truck looks.

Thinking of any lift in particular?

Old 05-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good

Old 05-30-2017, 09:56 AM
Nice truck Darren! I'll look for it around.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blown F-150
I love the crew with a 6.5ft box and a 4" lift. I think it really changes how long the truck looks.

Thinking of any lift in particular?
I fully agree. Especially with the talk of how 4" lifts look with 35"s and 6"s can pull off 3s easily. I definitely don't want to go to that size of a tire. A re-gear isn't in my plans haha.

I do not quite have any lift kit brand in mind. Preferably anything that does not involve cutting an OE bracket off, but it seems like all of them do. I guess if I was to lift it I would not return it to stock down the line anyway so perhaps it is not a big deal. I just mentally prefer the ability to go back to stock if desired.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a lift, probably would settle for a simple front spacer lift ( not the extended longer replacement struts ) as I don't intend to off road and don't really drive it much. That can always be changed in the long run. What suspension lift would you suggest? I have read Rancho is a good lift, has a good rebate in the right time of the year, and nets almost 5"s of height, and BDS is a good kit. Rough Country is so-so, as is RCX and Zone.

Originally Posted by FordGuy24
Looks good
Thank you!

Originally Posted by wadespencer99
Nice truck Darren! I'll look for it around.
Thanks man! Been awhile since i've heard from you.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Rebate is going on right now!!!!

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or via PM.

Thanks Matt