2009 - 2014 F-150

High Beams only, no low beams

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Beams only, no low beams

Hi all,

just bought my first truck of my life, and its a nice 2010 F150 Lariat. Pretty excited about it.

On the way home from the dealership however, the brights came on automatically, and not the low beams. The headlight toggle was on the automatic setting. the only way to turn the brights off was to turn that toggle off, which gave me no lights at all.

If i pushed the lever on the steering wheel away from me (normally what would activate the high beams) the high beams go away and only the parking lights are on.

Whats the issue? Total truck novice, and not happy that my headlights have issues and i've had the truck for 2 hours.

thanks

Last edited by Aaron Kartchner; 09-29-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Kartchner
Hi all,

just bought my first truck of my life, and its a nice 2010 F150 Lariat. Pretty excited about it.

On the way home from the dealership however, the brights came on automatically, and not the low beams. The headlight toggle was on the automatic setting. the only way to turn the brights off was to turn that toggle off, which gave me no lights at all.

If i pushed the lever on the steering wheel away from me (normally what would activate the high beams) the high beams go away and only the parking lights are on.

Whats the issue? Total truck novice, and not happy that my headlights have issues and i've had the truck for 2 hours.

thanks
Welcome and congrats on your new truck, Aaron Kartchner!

My name is Deysha, from Ford Service. I checked on your owner’s manual and found this:

High beams

Push the lever toward the instrument panel to activate. Pull the lever toward you to deactivate.

If you have any issues, I recommend you bring your vehicle to your local Ford Dealer and get it diagnosed. Then, speak with the service manager, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Old 10-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm not sure what you're calling a headlight toggle but unless your lariat is different than my 2010 FX-4, the lever on the LH side of the steering wheel switches between hi beam and low beam. The **** on the LH side of the dash turns the lights: Off, parking lights only, ON or to an automatic off-on setting. It does not control hi beam vs low beam, that is ONLY controlled by the lever behind the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: High Beams only, no low beams