2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 F150 Platinum Retractable Power Running Boards

Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 Platinum Retractable Power Running Boards

I have a 2010 F150 with Retractable Power Running Boards. I'm having lots of problems with the running boards sticking at different locations of travel. I finally took them off to clean and lubricate all the moving parts. I haven't reinstalled them yet to see if they are working but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a motor if I need one. Not the dealer because I'm not a millionaire.

Ford is definitely not thinking when they designed this feature. The location of motor and most of the moving parts is directly behind the front wheels. Well what do you think is going to happen; mud, dirt, rocks, snow and ice pack up around all these moving parts then the boards will not open or close. Why couldn't Ford design a guard that fits around all these moving parts. I guess that would impact future parts sales.

This is my second F150 in 15 years and it will be my last. Standby for more comments about the truck.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
The Ford power running boards are made by AMP Research…but Ford had them make just enough changes to the power units that you cannot use AMP parts, only Ford parts. Sucks, huh?

Old 11-30-2016, 12:00 PM
F150 Platinum Running board issue

I just bought this 2010 truck, the driver side is not moving up and down? moving half way then stops? Anyone that can advise, the used dealer does not want to fix it......

I wouls appreciate any help.....

Last edited by Bluejay; 12-01-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:03 AM
I just purchased a 2010 HD edition f-150 w/ the power running boards. Drivers side was out so I removed the Left assembly, cleaned it up, bought a new motor on Ebay for $200. Still sticks. Will not travel up 90% of the time. 100% deployment. (By the way the other side is about 90% retraction capable). Now, I cleaned the heck out of both sides when removed. Degreased and silicone lubed (after WD40) on the linkage articulation pins., but this is a bad, bad design. No zerk fittings, can't press the pins from linkage, no room for lubrication to enter. Company says there is no getting around it. They want you to pay for the (4) new hinges = ~$500 plus shipping, really, get a new set of hinges every few years. Any other ideas out there??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Platinum Retractable Power Running Boards