2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raptor Front Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raptor Front Suspension Upgrade

Hello everyone, new to this forum and originally a solid front axle guy so the IFS work is still new. It was only a matter of time before I started messing with and that time has come.

I have a 2012 FX4 and want to swap the factory front strut setup with one from a 2012 Raptor. Measuring the differences in lengths I get about 3.5" of difference which I believe would equal 3.5" of lift at the front.

Has ANYONE done this without changing anything but the Struts? Results?

I understand that doing so does put stress on the factory joints, but realistically if you're not wheeling the truck/putting on miles does it matter?

I have looked through searches on this site as well as others and guys have done variations of this, but I have found nothing that speaks to a straight up swap.

Yes I could put Raptor upper and lower control arms (plus longer axles etc.), but I like how the truck currently sits width wise and do not want to mess with it. I was going to install some 3" lift blocks and figure this would work just as well.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction/assisting me on this matter.

-Sammi

I've already swapped the rear shocks of the truck, will be swapping the rear leafs once I get a new upper bolt (since you have to cut the factory one off to get it out).

Last edited by PKP80; 02-02-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 PM
2-2.5" is bad for angles, anything over 3" and your pushing your luck on getting it bolted back together. Even without wheeling it, daily driving would wreck those components in no time. The only way you'd be able to use them is if you had a lifted truck that had a drop subframe for the lower control arms.

Otherwise if you just want Fox shocks you'd be better off getting the set that are made to level your truck and give you around 2" of lift.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:44 PM

Follow link below which is a post I started, with no responses. Then click the link on my post to read of a guy who used them. I sent him a pm a while back with no response.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/suspension/501391-raptor-shocks-lifted-f150.html

Quick Reply: Raptor Front Suspension Upgrade