2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear defrost BS not covered by warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:41 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Contact the Ford rep here on the forum, I think you have a case.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... did that already.. We shall see what happens.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue now, just noticed it yesterday thanks to the weather here in Utah... My truck is 8 months past the Bumper to Bumper, but I do have the 100,000mi/8yr BaseCARE ESP; clearly states "Heated Backglass (Electrical Only – Not Glass Damage or Breakage)"... Glass is perfectly fine, no scratches, cracks, etc... I have an appointment on 01/10/17 with the Ford Dealership I purchased it from and do all of my service and maintenance through... Hopefully I don't get a runaround.

Reading online, seems like it's a 50/50 if the dealer covers it, and if they don't people have to call Ford Customer service, get the right Representative there, and hopefully get it taken care of... I figure I'll do my rounds and if it's too much trouble I'll say screw it. Heck, it's frustrating that I ultimately paid for a feature that is poorly designed and fails so frequently (according to so many posts)... Hopefully they'll take care of it!

It's been an awesome truck, I love it. Haven't had any issues, so I'm not sure how my dealer will handle the warranty claim stuff... Cheers!

Old 01-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was about $1000 to have mine done if not covered by ESP, and, with the proper plan, it's covered. It's worth a phone call or two.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Finally heard back from my dealer today... This problem was pretty sporadic originally, and they misdiagnosed it originally... Turns out it was the window, and they said it wasn't covered under the ESP from ford based on the "Oasis" or whatever the software is they use to look it up... 3 separate calls into the Ford Customer service line (~1.5hrs), 3 trips into the dealership after being quoted $1,800.00 (~4-5hrs), and today I finally spoke with their VP of Service after an hour of debating with their service manager.... Anyway, tons of time wasted, but the VP agreed with me, along with nearly everyone else in the service department... Anyway, he called into their support line, and they're covering it for the deductible of $200.00 which I am completely fine with...

I'm happy it's getting fixed under warranty and appreciate the effort they showed today. I'm just slightly disappointed that it took so much effort to get them to own up to the problem... I've never had a problem with this dealership, so I'm chucking it up to a Ford MoCo issue. Disappointing none the less. Hopefully any future warranty claim won't be such an up hill battle.

Last edited by Authority; 03-07-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Glad you finally got it covered and ultimately Ford agreed to do the right thing. Also agree, it shouldn't have taken a battle and Ford should have covered it without question out of the gate. This should be a lesson Ford should take back and fix.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:12 PM
What was the number you contacted. I have the exacr same problem

Originally Posted by mike toon
My rear defroster also doesn't work.
I took it in to the dealer[march] when I was still in warranty and they said I scratched the grid so that's why it doesn't work.
I got some time last week and checked the grid lines and all were good.
I took it back to the dealer for a reinspect. Of course now I'm out of warranty .
After they re checked they say its in the glass but your out of warranty and glass isn't covered with an extended warranty.
After contacting Ford they agreed to replace the glass for 100.00.
Well I will be out a hundred for the dealers careless work , but it will be fixed. I'm not going to complain to Ford about the hundred but after its fixed I will vehemently tell the service writer what I think.
New to the site but was curious what number or how you contacted ford. If you can get back to me id appreciate it.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 AM
question

Originally Posted by Krohbar
Just took mine in this morning... first thing out of the service reps mouth, known issue, no recall, not covered under my Ford ESP. So glad I spent extra money on the premium coverage for it to not cover my truck when it breaks. And looking at the wording for the Premium Care, it lists "Heated Back Glass - Electrical only, not glass damage or breakage". So, I guess that needs to be clarified...??????

I know this is a super old post...but I totally agree with your interpretation of the brochure....i'm facing the same issue with the stealership.....did you have any luck?

Quick Reply: Rear defrost BS not covered by warranty???