Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need your help - F150 2010 - Power door lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need your help - F150 2010 - Power door lock

Hey folks!
I need your help for the troubleshooting of my power door lock on my 2010 F-150 Supercrew.

The swtich on the driver's side will no longer lock the doors but will unlock them.

On the passenger side, the switch works OK.

I have checked the wires (grey/yellow) in the door sill on the drivers's side for damaged wires, and there is 12V when the switch is not pressed. If I press the switch, it goes to 0V. So I guess the switch is working.

What puzzles me is when I press the passenger side switch, the doors will lock and the voltage still drops to 0V on the driver's side.

Don't know where else to check.

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Sounds like the switch is bad. Had the same issue with my cobra.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Is there a way to test the switch? I'm not sure about the switch since voltage will drop to 0V when pressed. Also, the remote starter fob will not lock the door either because they have tapped the same wires.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Door lock actuator or the switch itself. One or the other I would wager on.

The fact that the actuator will operate one way and not another while the switch shows to 0V leads me to believe its the actuator.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM
I have the same issue...my drivers door will lock with the switch...but not unlock... the passenger door works fine. The remote will lock the door but not unlock the door. Frustrating !!

Old 02-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mukwa
I have the same issue...my drivers door will lock with the switch...but not unlock... the passenger door works fine. The remote will lock the door but not unlock the door. Frustrating !!
Welcome to the forum, Mukwa! Have you had your dealership take a look? How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 02-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Its electrical and out of warranty. So its going to be pricey. I am sure it is the door switch. But to further diagnose. I am going to have to remove the door skin and do some testing. I don't have a garage so it's going to have to wait until warmer days. :-) I have 155,000 kilometers on it.

Last edited by Mukwa; 02-21-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Mukwa
Its electrical and out of warranty. So its going to be pricey. I am sure it is the door switch. But to further diagnose. I am going to have to remove the door skin and do some testing. I don't have a garage so it's going to have to wait until warmer days. :-) I have 155,000 kilometers on it.
Mukwa, the switch contacts themselves can become corroded or carbon covered due to arcing. They can be cleaned.

But, if I understand you correctly, you are saying only the driver's door lock is affected? The passenger door unlocks either with the remote or with the internal switch? If that is the case, the problem is almost certainly associated with the actuator. It could be the actuator itself or it could be the wiring on the "unlock" side of the actuator.

There have been repeated posts of pinched/damaged wiring under the door sill on the driver's side, but these were about earlier model trucks. Still, the same problem could be present in yours.

You could test the actuator easily enough if you get the door panel off so that you have access to it. Just apply +12V to each side and see if it works.

I'm betting on the wiring as the problem.

- Jack

Old 02-21-2015, 06:42 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Howdy, OP! A few things:

First, welcome aboard! I do hope you hang around with us fer a spell. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear about yer trouble. I'm with Jack. Do check/clean the contacts on the switch, but I bet it's in the wiring somewhere.

Lastly, THAN YOU for the breath of fresh air! THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how a feller ought to ask a question on a public forum. It was detailed, specific, and you even used increasingly less common, common manners. Again, Thankee!

Do keep us posted with your findings. Best of luck to ya!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
I believe I have the same problem.2010 supercrew FX4 123000km. Drivers switch won't unlock doors, but will lock them. Fob will lock but will not unlock doors. Tried swapping switches with passenger door because it works fine. Same results. Seemed to happen after some rain and the switch got wet? Wondering if it's a relay under the hood somewhere. Also, when using the fob to try and unlock, the horn sounds like it acknowledges but nothing happens. Pretty cold here in Canada, so I'm also waiting for warmer temps. Should have mentioned that the door keypad works fine, and that's how I unlock all my doors now.

Last edited by Cornfielder; 03-02-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Driver side door lock

I have a 2010 raptor and was on some bumpy road this weekend now my driver side door won't lock or unlock w or without the fob or keypad..thoughts??

Quick Reply: I need your help - F150 2010 - Power door lock