2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any unlock the truck with the key?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any unlock the truck with the key?

I unlocked my truck today with the key and when i opened the door it had a weird buzzer sound and i looked at my display and it said Start Engine soon to disarm alarm.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

I started the truck and the message went away, Lol

Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the alarm wasn't disarmed when you unlocked it. But who knows!!!! If it happens again sounds like a dealer trip!!!?????

I was getting out of my truck the other night an my alarm went off,, somehow I was pushing the panic button or the lock button. And the door was open. Stuck the key in the ignition and turned it to on position,, fixed.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Yea im guessing it wasnt disarmed either, just strange hearing the buzzing then see the message on the display.

I figured if it was unlocked with the key it would disarm, Guess not.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
I would be worried if it DID disarm by opening it with the key. What's to stop a thief from unlocking the door with a non-chipped key, then unlocking the steering column with the same non-chipped key, then towing it away? You need either the remote or a chipped key in the ignition to disarm it. There's no chip sensor in the door locks.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by glc
I would be worried if it DID disarm by opening it with the key. What's to stop a thief from unlocking the door with a non-chipped key, then unlocking the steering column with the same non-chipped key, then towing it away? You need either the remote or a chipped key in the ignition to disarm it. There's no chip sensor in the door locks.
Very ture! Just caught me off guard as all other vehicles i ever had has never done it. Gotta love new technology

Old 12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, my moms new Honda Civic does the same thing if you use the key to open the door, but it doesn't give you nearly enough time to get the key in the ignition before the alarm starts going off, it's a real pain haha.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Yea, my moms new Honda Civic does the same thing if you use the key to open the door, but it doesn't give you nearly enough time to get the key in the ignition before the alarm starts going off, it's a real pain haha.
I was wondering how long it would take before the alarm went off on mine, i was able to unlock the door get in shut the door look at the dash and then start it and it still didn't go off Probably 20 secs easily . I'm gonna play with it tomorrow to see how long it takes to go off.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Out of the 4 F-150s I've owned since 2001 there has only been one time I used the door lock. That was on the dealer's lot and they didn't have the remote attached to the key.

I do know the alarm is connected to the hood. I unlocked my truck with the keypad on the door and popped the hood to check the oil. Since I didn't need anything else out of the truck I locked the door and went to open the hood. Once I lifted the hood off the stops the alarm went off and sent me scrambling inside to find my keys. When the horn started blaring my face was just on the other side of the grille from it. I was NOT a happy camper.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie
Out of the 4 F-150s I've owned since 2001 there has only been one time I used the door lock.
Basically the same with me, maybe twice i did it with my 03 kr and once on both 07's i had.

The reason i did the key vs the remote entry today is Ive been having some problems with my keyless entry, some times it wont unlock until i press the button 3 or 4 times and today i had to point it straight at the drivers door to unlock the truck. The 2nd time it didnt want to unlock so i used the key. Hoping its just a weak battery in the remote.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Coy, it has to be something to do with the Ecoboost. When you get condensation in the intercooler, it screws with your remote.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Coy, it has to be something to do with the Ecoboost. When you get condensation in the intercooler, it screws with your remote.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:41 PM
heres a video i just made of it, i actually like how it works.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by glc

agreed....

Old 12-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc

OMG you read my mind lmfao I was going to post that it must be something with the EcoBoost!

Nobody on here has had a dead battery after a cold night before?

Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Out of the 4 F-150s I've owned since 2001 there has only been one time I used the door lock. That was on the dealer's lot and they didn't have the remote attached to the key.

I do know the alarm is connected to the hood. I unlocked my truck with the keypad on the door and popped the hood to check the oil. Since I didn't need anything else out of the truck I locked the door and went to open the hood. Once I lifted the hood off the stops the alarm went off and sent me scrambling inside to find my keys. When the horn started blaring my face was just on the other side of the grille from it. I was NOT a happy camper.
Yeah, on a similar note, I had my hood up one day and then tried to remote start it (for whatever reason) and it wouldn't... All it did was a short honk. Strange... And it's only done it twice in the 13 months I've owned it, but first thing in the morning, it wouldn't remote start when it should have. Only a short honk. Just happened to be the coldest day of the year so far at that point too....

Quick Reply: Any unlock the truck with the key?