2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New F150 owner and thoughts so far

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New F150 owner and thoughts so far

I just made the switch 12 days ago from a 2006 toyota tundra double cab to a 2013 F-150 king ranch supercrew long box

picking it up from the dealer Name:  IMG_0976.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  179.1 KB

some side shots while at the dmv switching out plates

Had to get some new license plate frames and hitch to match the new truck

The lights at night

This isn't my truck just one I test drove this summer with some good shots of how the color looks in the sunlight. The clown in the cowboy hat is me

I couldn't be happier with my truck. The seats are so comfortable I road trip from boise to reno (6hrs) fairly often and just got a job in bend oregon as of january 1st (5 1/2 hrs) helping get a new hotel open that is under construction. I'll be 10 days on 4 off so I'll be doing boise to bend and back every couple weeks. So I'm really excited about having a nice comfortable ride. I also do a yearly trip to Cheyenne wyoming for the frontier days rodeo which is an 11 hour drive and as much as loved both of my tundras, their seats are like boards compared to the seats in my f-150.

Granted I bought at king ranch but I am still blown away by how luxurious this truck is. My mom has a 2013 lexus rx 350 and It's right on par with her car. She's a little jealous because my truck has heated rear seats and lexus doesn't even offer them as an option. The lack of road noise is incredible. I'm so used to how loud the road noise is when a full size truck is going down the freeway that when I'm not paying attention I find myself doing 10-15 over because I don't notice any difference in the road noise. At the moment my favorite gadget feature is the blue tooth cellphone connection. I love hopping in the truck and turning it on and my phone being in my pocket and the truck automatically starts playing the music on my phone.

As far as the engine and brakes both go, holy power! It doesn't seem to take any effort from that motor to just flat out fly. I'm still getting used to how much power it has. while taking people out rides in the truck after I got it and showing them what it can do when you open it up, it never fails to amaze people how quick it takes off as soon as the turbos kick in. I turned the t/c off last night just to see if it would peel out from a dead stop. It lit both tires up and we were off like a rocket. The brakes are extremely impressive too. I had really strong brakes on my tundra but forget same ballpark the 150 brakes are playing a different sport. I was coming down a rural road with a light coming up doing about 60. It changed on me just right so I absolutely had to stop I jammed on the binders and went from 60 to 20 in an instant, I actually had to let off a bit.

Overall after a week, I'm beyond satisfied and so glad I made the switch.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
How are the HID lights?

Kevin

Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Great to have you here, glad you're happy with your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad you like your KR.. Hopefully it'll be a good one. Welcome to the site and have fun here.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
I just purchased a 2013 XLT SCrew in Blue Jeans Metallic, with the Chrome package. I think I know what my first mod is going to be after seeing the painted bucket/chrome handle in the same color here.

Good looking truck!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 PM
how did that dealer treat you. i am thinking of buying a new truck and the dealerships in california are hard to deal with especially on raptors.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome and awesome truck you have there!

I hope you like working in Oregon. Bend is great. Fun place to be year round!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by dirk upson
how did that dealer treat you. i am thinking of buying a new truck and the dealerships in california are hard to deal with especially on raptors.
I don't think you will find a dealer anywhere willing to deal on a Raptor - it's sticker price everywhere I've seen. No X-plan either.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Beautiful truck, sir. Welcome to the forum!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by kwb2004
How are the HID lights?

Kevin
Thank you everyone for the compliments, especially nice to hear since it was a bit of pain in the backside getting ahold of a king ranch in blue jeans.

Kevin the hid's are awesome, haven't had them out on too many country roads driving at night yet but on the few places that I have been the distance is great. did take me a while to get used to how to turn the brights on/off and flash them compared to the tundra but that is my only complaint

Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 AM

I loves me a fraysh convert

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much!

Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
Kevin the hid's are awesome, haven't had them out on too many country roads driving at night yet but on the few places that I have been the distance is great. did take me a while to get used to how to turn the brights on/off and flash them compared to the tundra but that is my only complaint
I don't have any complaints about the HID's either. I think they are pretty f'n bright. I'm kinda surprised there isn't a 2nd bulb that lights up for the highs.

I didn't have any issue with the highs, it was the darn turn signal that got me on the test drive. I thought it was broken because it returns to it's home position, yet flashes until you complete your turn.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the site & congrads on your new truck!

Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Welcome aboard bud

Quick Reply: New F150 owner and thoughts so far