2009 - 2014 F-150

Problems with my 2013 F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjaysin
I got my truck back the week before Christmas. They had it for 3 weeks diagnosing it, then decided to put in a new long block, and it took 2 more weeks. 5 weeks total and one new engine later, everything seemed good when I got back. UNTIL the other day. Rough idle came back! Guess I need to take it back to have them check it again.
Keep us updated

Old 01-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Neighbors f150 finally gave it up tuesday morning, 7200 miles on it. Cylinder 8 lost compression. Looks like ford lost 1 customer on this truck.
He was in the dealership every other week since he got the truck and they could never find out what was wrong (coolant puking out of the bottle,Using oil along with tranny and suspension popping)
i was driving into town tuesday morning and saw him sitting on the side of the road with the hood up.. Pulled over and he said it was shaking something terrible. Started it up and felt like it was running on 4 cylinders.

Dealership called him thursday and said after the compression test number 8 was only showing 40 psi.. Apparently the cylinder wall was scorched and piston ring broke.

Have a feeling i will see a new Gm sitting in his driveway in a week or two.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took it back and they put the computer on it to monitor the idle. They told me that it was normal. I guess I'll just keep monitoring the RPM's at idle and if they start to climb again, I'll have it checked out. Still sucks they never figured it out what was wrong with it other than it was totally carboned up inside and there was damage to the #3 cylinder.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread. I'm planning to order in the spring and I'm going back and forth between the 5.0 and 6.2 engines. I was pretty set on the 5.0 and then I read this thread (damnit!).

Are there any downsides to the 6.2 in a 4x4 Screw besides being thirstier than the 5.0? One thing that concerns me is that is has (2) spark plugs per cylinder. I know past Ford Modular engines like the 5.4 had "issues" with spark plugs. I'm concerned that 16 total plugs would be a real nightmare!! Just last week I replaced the factory plugs in my 04 CV LX Sport and it was the easiest V8 tune up I've ever done!

Thanks,
Steve

Quick Reply: Problems with my 2013 F150