2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Squeaky seat back

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2011 Squeaky seat back

I did a quick search to see if others have had this problem but all i found were a lot of older models and not the newer ones. The drivers seat back started squeaking a year after i bought the truck (new) and is still doing the same thing. It must be some sort of wire support rubbing each other but it is annoying. And im not a big guy by any means. And i dont abuse the seats like raising my butt up off the bottom while leveraging by back against the back of the seat like when you are reaching for your wallet. The truck only has 17,000 on it right now but i noticed it really early on. I thought it might go away with use but hasnt. I hate to take it in to the dealer but may have to. Any others with a similar issue and a quick fix without dealer involvement?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a squeaky drivers seat in my '11 FX4 as well.
Sounds like it's coming from near the seatbelt/console. Would love to hear a quick fix if somebody's got one!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Cuz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 13 did/does this. Unzip the back of the seat cover. There's two small cables running left to right. They go through two off white plastic "slides". When you lean back on the seat the cable slides through these pieces of plastic. I spray a lil wd-40 on the cable at the slides and it stops for a good while. Hope this helps

Old 09-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cuz
My 13 did/does this. Unzip the back of the seat cover. There's two small cables running left to right. They go through two off white plastic "slides". When you lean back on the seat the cable slides through these pieces of plastic. I spray a lil wd-40 on the cable at the slides and it stops for a good while. Hope this helps
I will try this today. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2011 Squeaky seat back