2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sunroof Roof seal not flush?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunroof Roof seal not flush?

I was in a parking lot the other day and noticed that the rear seal of my sunroof sits about 1/4" or so above the front seal. The front seal is pretty much flush/slightly below the roof of the truck. I just so happened to be parked next to a nice Plat and the sunroof on it sat pretty flush and uniform, so I think my must be out of adjustment. I put my sunroof on tilt out and noticed the little Torx screws front and back and that the back ones have a slot to adjust up and down. Thus, is it as simple as loosening these screws and pulling the back part of the sunroof down slightly. I assume I would tilt the roof up, slightly loosen the front ones, loosen the back ones a little more so that they move and pull down and re-tighten.
Sorry, first sunroof here. Didn't really want it but, came with the package and now I've come to love it . Also, while I have a good dealer and I am under warranty (6K + on ODO) if this is something that will take 5 minutes to fix in my driveway I would rather do that route than the whole drop off and wait, take a shuttle, yada yada

thanks guys

My Rig: 2013 Lariat Screw 4x4, 5.0, 502A Package

Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
I would at least go over to the dealer and show it to the service advisor - if it's simply an adjustment he/she may just tell you how to do it yourself if you ask.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That may not be a bad idea to pay a quick visit. Was thinking about stopping by dealer anyway to see if the trucks on the lot are like mine. However, tonight there was an FX4 parked near my work and their seal looked like mine I haven't had any signs of leaking.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
At least get it noted so if there is an issue later it's been documented.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Roof seal not flush?