2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Recent Mod's - Hood Graphic, Black Exhaust Tip, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Recent Mod's - Hood Graphic, Black Exhaust Tip, etc.

Mod's - Recent (and some no so) .....
  • hood graphic - extreme graffix (local)
  • black exhaust tip - GIBSON
  • black ford oval tailgate emblem - eBay
  • small version of 5.0L decal for tailgate - extreme graffix (local)
  • front/rear splash guards - Ford Custom Accessories
  • rear wheel wells - Ford Custom Accessories
  • rear tow hooks - FoMoCo

Regarding hood graphic ... Did some screen saves from the Ford Custom Graphics site - F-150 ...

And sent them to my local graphics shop (extreme graffix) for a how-much-estimate - $100.

FoMoCo wanted ...

Old 08-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good! A bit of proof that stuff should only be purchased from Ford when necessary haha

Old 08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Looks great.... like the badges and the 5.0 decals. And the raptor running board. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the raptor running boards I was looking for a set for mine but came up dry.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM

F150redFx4 ... If you don't mind me asking where did you get the raptor running boards I was looking for a set for mine but came up dry.
Bought them over a year ago from eBay for $250. They were *new* take-offs and the seller was a LKQ junk yard just outside of Detroit - had a deal with FoMoCo and had IIRC 8-10 sets. Needless to say ... They went quick.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Cuz
Sharp! Is that "hood graphix" just a stick on decal? If so, how did you go about lining it up?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Cuz ... Is that "hood graphix" just a stick on decal?
Yes.

If so, how did you go about lining it up?
The graphic / sign / vehicle-wrap shop installed the decal.
  • outline was formed using a thin stripe tape that had a cut-line embedded in it.
  • a rectangular piece of decal material slightly larger than the area to be covered was positioned above the hood by 2 installers while the 3rd squeegeed, spread, contoured, etc. the decal onto the hood and over the cut-line striping tape.
  • once completely smoothed, the cut-line was pulled-up to trim the decal around the entire perimeter of the decal.
  • all that was left was to remove the striping tape residue, squeege the outer edge, trim the decal at the top of the hood, cowl area.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM
Cuz
I see. Well, I dig it!! If I knew anyone around me that could do it, and do it WELL, if be copying you! haha I think it woul look sharp on my gray truck with black accents...

Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Looks great, Joe!

I've been considering this, myself. But with a twist.

I was thinking I'd get one where just the raised portion of the cowl is flat black, and the inner, recessed portion is left the color of the truck. Kinda like an upside "U" shape if you can picture it standing in front of the grill. Make sense?

Again, yer truck looks , and I'm increasingly jealous!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joe, I am usually a little wowed by the choice of mods that you make. I feel the need to question your choice on the mudflaps. I bought a set new from the dealer for my FX4 back in 2010, and sold them on craigslist within a week. Molded flaps belong on a fiesta,not on a 4x4. Not to mention, the dirt they trap scuffs up the W/O moldings in a hurry.

They definitely bring the overall appearance of your truck down, and it's obvious that you try quite hard to make it pretty.

IMHO, of course.

Just sayin'

Old 08-30-2013, 11:38 AM

canadianelbow - Joe, I am usually a little wowed by the choice of mods that you make. I feel the need to question your choice on the mudflaps. I bought a set new from the dealer for my FX4 back in 2010, and sold them on craigslist within a week. Molded flaps belong on a fiesta,not on a 4x4. Not to mention, the dirt they trap scuffs up the W/O moldings in a hurry.

They definitely bring the overall appearance of your truck down, and it's obvious that you try quite hard to make it pretty.

IMHO, of course. Just sayin'
Understand and tend agree. I struggled with having 'em on my 2009 STX (traded-in) as well as the 2011 FX4. However, splash guards definitely cut-down on debris kicked-up from the tires to the lower portion of the body panels.

As for scuffs, rubs, etc. caused by trapped dirt on the w/o fender flares, I've always laid a bead of silicone between the splash guards and the wheel well lips. Totally eliminates any infiltration of dirt, salt, and/or water.

Regarding making it "pretty" ... With every vehicle I've ever owned I've tended to have a vision of how it could/should be and personalize/mod' it accordingly. I still have things in-the-works (i.e. Raptor grille, A-pillar gauge pod, etc.) so it's still not quite done (if that ever happens).

Quick Reply: Recent Mod's - Hood Graphic, Black Exhaust Tip, etc.