2009 - 2014 F-150

Local Ford Rep. How do I get in contact?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local Ford Rep. How do I get in contact?

I have an 09 F150 Fx4 and the truck is in the dealer for what sounds like a failed transmission after 66k miles. I've brought the truck in 3 times for the same transmission problem and they were unable to replicate the problem.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with a local Ford representative (I'm located in Southern CA) so I can discuss this issue with them? If you'd rather not post in this thread, I'd greatly appreciate a PM

Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you think your problem needs to be escalated to a Zone Rep? If the dealer can't duplicate an intermittent problem, they can't fix it.

Instead of getting your knickers in a wad, start documenting exactly what happens, and when it happens. If you can give them a specific set of circumstances to replicate an alleged failure, the technician will have a better chance of fixing the problem.

A four year old vehicle with 66,000 miles is likely to have some problems. If it *was* a "failed transmission", it would not be an intermittent problem.

Take a deep breath, acknowledge that you drive what is now a used vehicle, it's not brand new anymore, and things are going to come up. It could be as simple as fluid condition, or a problem in the TCM from a power supply. You are not the only person driving a truck that may have a problem.

Quick Reply: Local Ford Rep. How do I get in contact?