Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got my coyote Mustang engine cover installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think i'll have to do this soon, thanks guys

Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
DO IT!!!! but....be sure to come back on here after you do it, and post pics for others to see the different routes people went to do the install...im still trying to find mustang take off coil covers...may just end up buying 2 sets of boss covers when i order the boss covers for the white truck...im just not sure about the blue of the boss coil covers on the blue truck since blue flame is nowhere close to the blue of the boss coil covers...

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Etal ...

There's currently (and has been for a quite a while) an eBay listing for new, take-off Mustang 5.0L coil covers (grey) -AND- engine cover for $80 *free* shipping. The seller is roushperformance

*Caveat - Provided for your consideration; have no interest, nor association with the seller.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
yeah, ive seen, not really looking for another intake cover. Ive seen the entire kits new in the box, for 120..im looking for just the coil covers, to save some change.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by SUPERSIX
DO IT!!!! but....be sure to come back on here after you do it, and post pics for others to see the different routes people went to do the install...im still trying to find mustang take off coil covers...may just end up buying 2 sets of boss covers when i order the boss covers for the white truck...im just not sure about the blue of the boss coil covers on the blue truck since blue flame is nowhere close to the blue of the boss coil covers...
I will, thanks for the info and help.
Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Etal ...

There's currently (and has been for a quite a while) an eBay listing for new, take-off Mustang 5.0L coil covers (grey) -AND- engine cover for $80 *free* shipping. The seller is roushperformance

*Caveat - Provided for your consideration; have no interest, nor association with the seller.
I just ordered this one gDMjoe, thanks. Supersix as far as the coil covers go I could not find any seperate cheap so the roush takeoff is a deal. I have noticed in the pics of Roush website they show what I think is a shot of a cover for an automatic, which has a second cutout on the right side. But I think what you get is for a manual, because all roush coversions Ive seen are all ways a manual in a mustang,just makes since. But you all made it work so i can too, thanks. Also to note, the ball studs for the coil covers Part # 2L1Z-6N958-AA on tasca e-bays site have 6x2x9 on a pic of the pack they come in. So my guess is that that means M6x 2.00"x9mm? I am going to try to find something similar too rather than paying $12 x 6 for those

Old 03-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Koolponycar ... Also to note, the ball studs for the coil covers Part # 2L1Z-6N958-AA on tasca e-bays site have 6x2x9 on a pic of the pack they come in. So my guess is that that means M6x 2.00"x9mm? I am going to try to find something similar too rather than paying $12 x 6 for those
Less $$$$$ alternatives ...

*Purchased from Amazon.

*Stainless steel M6 allen head bolt purchased from a hardware store.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Just bought my covers off eBay. Username roushperformance has the intake cover and coil covers for 80 shipped.

Wayne

Old 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Less $$$$$ alternatives ...

*Purchased from Amazon.

*Stainless steel M6 allen head bolt purchased from a hardware store.
Thanks, I will post pics whenever I get done, but that will be a while as I do not have a CAI. Unless I modify my intake tube like someone else done. I am still waiting on mine to come in.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Ball studs

Hey fellas,
Yes you can get the ball studs from Roushperformance for about $1.50 a piece but you have to pay a minimum ups fee of 6.50. So I ordered 6 studs like they use for the Roush covers for a total of $15.50 shipped to my door. Here is a link to what they look like http://dealers.roushperformance.com/...242_manual.pdf
I told Brian there he would probably get some more orders coming.
O, my engine and coil covers came in today,but it will be about 4 or 5 days before I try to work on this. Will post if I get anything done with pics.

Last edited by Koolponycar; 03-19-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Any way to install the cover using the stock air box withOUT cutting the cover?

Mine will be in today!!

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 03-20-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Z7What
Any way to install the cover using the stock air box withOUT cutting the cover?

Mine will be in today!!

Wayne
That is what I am going to attempt when I get time. I was thinking maybe extend the tube back at the throttle body, and would like to remove that big ugly plastic resonator box and cap the 2 lines to it. I wonder if it is for sound improvement or flow? If you come up with something let us know and I'll do the same.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Im going to play with mine today also. Should be in by the time i get home today from work. My goal is to not cut or modifiy the intake cover at all. If anything needs to be changed i will change the intake itself. But honestly id rather make my own piping and keep the factory airbox.

We shall see....

Wayne

Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM

Koolponycar Hey fellas,
Yes you can get the ball studs from Roushperformance for about $1.50 a piece but you have to pay a minimum ups fee of 6.50. So I ordered 6 studs like they use for the Roush covers for a total of $15.50 shipped to my door. Here is a link to what they look like http://dealers.roushperformance.com/...242_manual.pdf
THANK YOU! for the ROUSH ball stud part # reference ( 4010-008-0006 ).

I've added it to my F150 parts knowledge base.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Z7What
Im going to play with mine today also. Should be in by the time i get home today from work. My goal is to not cut or modifiy the intake cover at all. If anything needs to be changed i will change the intake itself. But honestly id rather make my own piping and keep the factory airbox.

We shall see....

Wayne
I feel the same way, I do not want to cut up the cover either. I am having to work long hours the next 4 days,so it will be the weekend before I can experiment with it. Keep us posted, thanks.

THANK YOU! for the ROUSH ball stud part # reference ( 4010-008-0006 ).

I've added it to my F150 parts knowledge base.
Your welcome, mine should come in this weekend and then I can take a better look at it.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
The covers came into and I wasted no time installing the coil covers. They look awesome the intake cover is going to take some work to get it how I want it. I was just curious if anybody has pictures or what heater lines and vacuum lines they cut and modded so I can get an idea.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Got my coyote Mustang engine cover installed