Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Info on these issues...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on these issues...

2011 F150 STX 4x4 Regular Cab 5.0 9,000 miles

1)Does anyone else's truck make a high pitch whining noise in 4hi? My last truck (2005 F-150) was quiet in 4hi as fast as I could get it. It seems to get real loud at speeds >35mph when your foot is on the gas. When you release the throttle it quiets up a little. I had one of my friends riding with me the other day and was like "What is that noise?" It is quite irratating.

2)The other issue is an annoying seat squeek from the drivers seat. It seems to be coming from the front left bottom seat cushion. It almost sounds like metal on metal scraping sometimes. Of course the dealership could not duplicate the noise the first time I took it in for this. Anyone have this so I can help the dealership out?

3) Has anyone had any issues with Sync and their Ipods? Mine works great 98% of the time. The other 2% the speakers have a random pop that just keeps happening randomly through each of them. It's gets annoying so I just turn it off when that happens. Also on a side note, I would LOVE to meet the person that said "Yeah, these speakers sound good for a $40,000 truck." Haha

4) Has anyone had an issue with the truck clunking when coming to a stop? I can't tell if it's a hard shift or what. Sometimes it is real bad, other times it is barely noticeable. I personally don't think it's normal but the dealership said "We can't get it to do it" the first time, and "They all do that" the second.

Thank you all for the help!

Quick Reply: Info on these issues...