2009 - 2014 F-150

Grab handle

Old 05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grab handle

I have a new 2012 F150 Lariat. I really like it. There is one annoying thing that I wonder if anyone has information about? On my old Larriat ( 2000) when you open the door there was a handle you could reach up and grab to steady yourself as you got in the truck. My new Lariat has this on the passenger side but not the drivers side. When I asked the dealer, he just said use the steering wheel. Well I can do that but my situation is every day I have to park and get in and out of the truck on the steep incline. The stirring wheel turns when you Grab it (duh) and doesn't offer the same stability on snowy and slippery days. Here is my question. Is there a reasonably priced way to have this grab handle installed on the inside on the driver side the way it is on the passenger side or is this somehow a major cost. If this is something that can be done without costing an arm and a leg, then what kind of shop should I look for to do it? A body shop? The dealer? Or my mechanic? Has anyone else made this change or upgrade? Thank you for considering this question.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Supposed to be an airbag there now is the reason for no handle, so I've heard.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
This question has been hashed over since the "New Generation" series of F-150's were produced.

I've read lots of peeps asking it, but there doesn't seem to be a cheap, viable solution to this dilemma.

Steering wheel works well enough for me, but I weigh 170 lbs and have running boards.

One member suggested a couple of radiator clamps holding on a wooden cabinet handle.

(Probably me)

So if this problem does get solved within my budget, please post up the results.

Budget: "I'm so broke, I couldn't even change my mind"

"I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention and I couldn't afford to tip my hat"

Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Use the running boards and the big grab handle on the door. That is where the grab handle was moved to on the 09 and up F150.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grab handle