2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Beware of dealer service dept. antics!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free or not No One touches My Truck but Me,Do you know who @ the dealer changes oil? Very Likely Not a Certified Technician in most cases it's a kid just out of high school with little or no training & most of them just don't care & will take any short cut they can.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell them you want the used oil next time. lol - then just take it across the street to AutoZone or PepBoys or something. They'll accept it for free.

I wouldn't worry about the direction of the tire rotation but I would call the GM and let him know that after you pre-negotiated all this you are feeling a bit nickle and dimed. Let him know that you FOR SURE won't buy this deceiving maintenance in the future IF you're willing to buy from his dealership. Surely he'll be willing to help you out. I can't imagine they'd be willing to trade $2 worth of disposal fees for a future purchase.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine has been in for 3 of 12 free oil changes. Each time they drove it several miles, 5,7 and 25. The average mpg is always down at least 1 mpg and my tools in the bed are always slammed to the front of the bed. After a little chat with the service manager after the second time they did the 25 miles and took the dash from 15.8 to 14.1 mpg. So I had another chat with him. I told him id rather pay someone else than bring it there for anything again. He didn't seem to concerned.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I know what you're talking about Worm!
Once I figure out the legallity of this disposal charge and I speak to the Service Manager I already know its gonna be the same, not to concerned attitude, you recieved.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
He acted concerned the first time we talked. He apoligized up and down and assured me it wouldn't happen again. The second time I told him that his techs either didn't care about my truck or any of his bs and either one was enough for me to take my money elsewhere.
I have a good friend who runs a shop and I get treated like a king every time I show up. Ill be glad to go back, although he tells me I should go stand there and watch them work on it. In todays economy customers are more valuble than ever and people just don't get it. Sad

Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by worm5932
Mine has been in for 3 of 12 free oil changes. Each time they drove it several miles, 5,7 and 25. The average mpg is always down at least 1 mpg and my tools in the bed are always slammed to the front of the bed. After a little chat with the service manager after the second time they did the 25 miles and took the dash from 15.8 to 14.1 mpg. So I had another chat with him. I told him id rather pay someone else than bring it there for anything again. He didn't seem to concerned.
Dude, how long do you leave the truck with them I go into the quick lane and my truck is out withn an hour. There is no time for them to screw around or even drive my truck.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sorry for your bad experience at the dealership. I work for a GM dealership, and I have been an adviser but am currently a tech. We try our hardest to please customers, and we are fair and honest. Not all dealerships are bad or out to screw you out of money. Most people don't understand what goes on in a service dept during a day, I can assure its very hectic. As for those that feel their vehicle is being taken on a 'joyride' is just plain absurd. In most cases, we don't want any part of driving someone else vehicle, there's too many risks (insurance, getting the interior dirty, being falsely accused of damages, being accused of causing new problems, etc.), we'd rather just park them in the lot when the work is completed. No car or truck is any more or less interesting to someone that works in a dealership, its just a car or truck that needs fixed in a timely, correct manner. IF we do drive a vehicle, its to check any work done, including wheel balancing. Sorry for the rant, but NOT all dealerships are bad, and I take A LOT of pride in what I do.

Quick Reply: Beware of dealer service dept. antics!!