2009 - 2014 F-150

Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag Light

2010 Platinum and since day one have had the airbag light come on at randome times. It resets when you turn off the truck and may or may not come on for an hour or 2 or not until the next day. Had it into the dealer with the light on ond it was a short in the Pass side. They took it all apart and reset all connections and checked the whole system out and found nothing. Picked it up after the dealer having it 2 days and @3 hours latter on came the light. How many times do I give them to fix it before I pull the pin on the lemon law. Any Ideas?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Depends on the lemon laws in your state.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bigsmitty01
2010 Platinum and since day one have had the airbag light come on at randome times. It resets when you turn off the truck and may or may not come on for an hour or 2 or not until the next day. Had it into the dealer with the light on ond it was a short in the Pass side. They took it all apart and reset all connections and checked the whole system out and found nothing. Picked it up after the dealer having it 2 days and @3 hours latter on came the light. How many times do I give them to fix it before I pull the pin on the lemon law. Any Ideas?
Have you read your manual?? The airbag light automatically comes on when it detects something in the passengers front seat. If you have something on your seat other than a person, then the light will come on. Do you keep anything on your front seat?

Old 04-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Not a thing some times with a pass and sometimes nothing on the seat it just randomly comes on for no reason rain rough roads dont seem to have any effect.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 PM
That's weird. Mine comes on when I put something on the seat like my gym bag. I guess you should call the dealer and ask since it's a safety issue.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bigsmitty01
You're talking about the yellow airbag warning light correct? Mine has been coming on randomly for the past 6 months. My dealer wants me to bring it in when the light is on, but that's difficult to do since I'm either on the way to work or going home. They told me if the light's on, the airbag system is inop. Big safety issue. I'm calling the Ford cust service number to complain and get resolution some day soon. Let me know what your find out!

Old 04-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes, the yellow airbag light. I got mine into the dealer with the light on and they found some type of short in the pass side airbag system. Trouble shoot for 2 days no fix light still comes on randomly. Been on vacation for 2 weeks and had the light on a lot. back to the dealer on Monday. Tired of driving a Focus.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Let us know what the fix is!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM
same thing with my 09 plat. i have right at 47k on it now. started around 13K on truck. and i have extended warranty so further investigation should be no problem.
they replaced the whole lower seat tract. was a 1K part from supplier. wow.
was fine for a thousand miles or so . then came. on .. at random

then went away again. now about three times a month it comes on.. going to let them know i want something filed with Ford. .

this is crazy.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
im having the same issues in my 2010 FX4. but i can add to it. i can smell a buring smell as well.

the ford dealership isnt helping me where i am right now because i never bought the truck from them, and they are the only dealership in the town im in....GREAT

Old 04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by camunaro
im having the same issues in my 2010 FX4. but i can add to it. i can smell a buring smell as well.

the ford dealership isnt helping me where i am right now because i never bought the truck from them, and they are the only dealership in the town im in....GREAT
recall issued for around 1.2 million ford trucks. hopefully this will solve my issue as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_ford_recall

Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by BETCHER78
recall issued for around 1.2 million ford trucks. hopefully this will solve my issue as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_ford_recall
Unfortunately, it's only for 2004-2006 model years...

Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I wonder if it's a related problem. Hope we don't get an inadvertent deployment.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:51 PM
missed the years. i had someone call me to make sure i knew about it. just went to link and posted..! from what a couple ford garages have told me , im not the only one in the quad city area here in illiinois having issues with the stupid airbag light. im thinking there are more to follow.

i shut off the easy entry feature in my truck the day i got it. so i know its not an issue there with all the wires moving around each time i get in the truck. im sure it would have been fine until the day its out of warranty. then there would be some pig puff of smoke!!

light came on yesterday after work. shut truck off. and then started backup . was fine for the ride home.

i have always thought it was a module that either did not power off, power off correctly or did not 'boot' as it should . if all the modules dont talk to each other correctly this issue can happen.

well. lets home they find out whats going on with our model years.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Still having issues and now driving my truck with a data recorder hooked up. Hope this fixes it or tells them whats wrong

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light