2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question for you 09+ guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for you 09+ guys

im sure most of you know about the 2nd USB port mod, where you can have an ext cable and a external hd in glove box or center console (however you choose to run it)

my question is, is this 2nd USB port ONLY available with the factory navigation in the 09+'s or is it available with the sony system and SYNC.

Reson being is I really like the idea of this feature and am looking at trading for a 2010 FX2 in the near future....however the folks at Ford decided to not make the factory nav available in the FX2

I am almost considering moving up to Lariat just for the nav. Although I despise the fake woodgrain dash and interior pieces. Although is something a mod could take care of - ala, blacked out platinum in a recent thread.

ahhh..one more thing. do the cooled seats in the Lariat work pretty well? Summers sure are hot in southeast texas

Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have a 2010 FX2 and it has the 2nd usb port. I have the premium sound and SYNC. I think it comes with any system that has SYNC.

P.S. I'm from Port Neches and I have the Black leather with out cooled seats and it hasn't been a problem yet.

Last edited by tbraquet; 06-17-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 PM
close by i see. yea i have black leather in my 07 fx2 and it does get extreamly heated during the latter summer months. thanks for the quick reply

Old 06-17-2010, 08:14 PM
i also havent been able to find not one single person on here that has a 09+ Lariat Super Cab. i want to see actual photos of this truck, im beginning to think they are rather rare

Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
1. You don't need the factory nav to be able to do the USB 2 mod

2. I have always despised woodgrain in vehicles. However, my ex got a 2004 Lariat a few years ago, and I got used to it so eventually it didn't bother me anymore. I got a 2010 Lariat about two months ago, and it doesn't bother me at all. In my case, it just took some getting used to, so maybe it would be the same way for you also. Although woodgrain still bothers me in other brand vehicles.

3. The cooled seats are amazing! I live in Florida, so it gets hot. Normally, I like driving with my windows down though, so usually I just have my windows down but turn on my cooled seats. Works wonderfully. I never thought I would even really use them much, and now I use them all the time. Definitely worth it to upgrade to a Lariat IMO (not to mention all the other features you get when you upgrade to a Lariat).

Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I live in Houston and I like my cooled seats. I could live without them, but they are sure nice to have around in the summer.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I did the 2nd usb mod on my 2010 base raido and sync. It recognized it once but hasn't since... It may be my cables though, it takes adapters and such to get into that jack to my ipod.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I love my 2010 Lariat. Cooled seats work really well and are a plus in SC summers. I would rater have the graphite inlay of the FX2 because I have a silver truck with black interior. But the wood grain looks fine and is growing on me.

Bob

Old 06-19-2010, 10:05 PM
gp
i have a 09 lariat super cab with cooled seats and they are kinda nice.but,they came with the upgraded seats that i had to get to get the center console with the shifter.i wouldnt have got it other wise.i have the standard sync radio with the second usb port.as for hard to find super cab,mine is stone green,or something like that and it was only used on the 09.

Quick Reply: question for you 09+ guys