2009 - 2014 F-150

Project RBP Ecoboost F150 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project RBP Ecoboost F150 FX4

Well as some of you know I sold my 2004 f150 fx4 that was my baby..lots of blood sweat and tears in that one, but it was time for a new project so I ordered a oxford white fully loaded 2012 f150 fx4 ecoboost in supercrew with the 6.5 ft bed this time! That was the only thing that bugged me about my 04. I plan on going a different route with this one. I loved the look of my old one and even being 7 years old it still turned more heads than any other truck in my town but it was killing me on gas and was a pain maneuvering around town and on long trips. And as you know when trucks are lifted that high no matter how much money you put into them they still demand more whether it's for tie rods, wheel bearings, blah blah blah. You've got to pay to play I know. So anyways I decided to keep this one lower and go with the camburg performance suspension kit. That way I will still have that awesome factory ride if not better and still clear 35's. And it will be a machine off-road! It's also gonna be rocking a black and white theme with almost all RBP products. I'm typing on my phone so when I get home tonight I'll add pictures of my old truck and pictures of all the mods going on the new one! So here's list of mods I'm going to be using. Some already purchased, some not yet.
--Camburg performance kit with deaver rear mini pack.
--Fiberwerx fenders front and rear
--35x12.50r20 Toyo MT
--BMF REHAB wheels 20x9 (not even out yet)
--Full LED conversion in and out
--RBP 4x5x12 black exhaust tip
--RBP Rx series grill black
--RBP Black Hitch cover
--RBP license plate frame/matches grill
--RBP RX 3 Nerf bars
--heartthrob 4 inch exhaust
--Roush or injen intake not sure yet
--xetronic 8000k 55watt HID heads/fogs
--Custom made badges from Steve at "billet badges" that say RBP Twin turbo ecoboost edition.

I'll use this thread to update my progress as soon as I get the truck so keep checking in!

Last edited by NickF150fx4; 10-25-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Here's my old 04 FX4:

Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Here's what came today!

Old 10-25-2011, 03:17 AM
ThAts a crap load of money sitting on your counter........

Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Suspended
definitely looking forward to the build, but if gas is/was an issue and in town driving sucked before won't being 7+ inches wider than stock and 35s kill the entire purpose of selling your old truck.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I would have never sold your old truck

Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NickF150fx4
--Camburg performance kit with deaver rear mini pack.
--Fiberwerx fenders front and rear
--35x12.50r20 Toyo MT
--BMF REHAB wheels 20x9 (not even out yet)
--Full LED conversion in and out
--RBP 4x5x12 black exhaust tip
--RBP Rx series grill black
--RBP Black Hitch cover
--RBP license plate frame/matches grill
--RBP RX 3 Nerf bars
--heartthrob 4 inch exhaust
--Roush or injen intake not sure yet
--xetronic 8000k 55watt HID heads/fogs
--Custom made badges from Steve at "billet badges" that say RBP Twin turbo ecoboost edition.

I like where your going with this truck, and think it will look & sound pretty bad ***. But please don't spend that much money and short out on the lights of this bad *** rig. Go for a retrofit! It will look so sweet when all said an done!

Can't wait to see your build up!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by ColonelBlue
ThAts a crap load of money sitting on your counter........
Nah, bananas go for about a $1.00 a lb.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys I'm getting anxious already and my truck probably won't even come in until December .

@ hydro

@06yz250f

The gas milage was only one of many reasons i decided to sell my old one. Trust me it was very hard to let it go after putting that much into it, but my new one will be much more practical.
my old truck even re-geared with 4.88 with almost every bolt on performance mod shy of a supercharger would only get about 10mpg around town. Those 38x15.50r20's TOYOS weigh a lot more than people realize. At a little over a 100lbs a tire that's without a 20" wheel mounted on them. The 35's are going to weigh much less and with this new torque powerhouse Ecoboost the 35's will be a breeze to turn and still manage to get much better than 10 mpg my co-worker is getting 16 with 34's on his. And that's stock, Not to mention adding a CAI, Exhaust and hopefully a tune as soon as one comes out. It was a fun truck to drive on the weekends and stuff but in reality it was a pain in the a$$ trying to get in and out of parking lots or anywhere tight and it deffinitly didn't ride like a cadillac after I added that rear block and cranked my coilovers. being young and not married at the time when I lifted it was fine, but now I'm married and expecting our first child and an f150 14" in the air on 40's isn't very practical. Even if I do end up going with the Fiberwerx fenders to make it wider (which i'm having second thoughts about)
It will still ride great probably better than stock from what I hear and still retain the same steering/ turning radius as stock. Sorry for the novel lol Anyways I could go on and on but basically this truck makes a lot more sense for many reasons.

@poolboy
Don't worry I will eventually I'm just waiting for a set of heads that I actually like the look of because personally the ones i've seen for the 09+ look hideous. These Xetronic HID's are just ridiculous and I would want to get the most output I could out of them and a retrofit is how I would do that! Here's a link that talks a little about these HID's they are pretty amazing.

http://www.xtralights.com/xetronicdi...3typepair.aspx

Last edited by NickF150fx4; 10-25-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by NickF150fx4

@poolboy
Don't worry I will eventually I'm just waiting for a set of heads that I actually like the look of because personally the ones i've seen for the 09+ look hideous. These Xetronic HID's are just ridiculous and I would want to get the most output I could out of them and a retrofit is how I would do that! Here's a link that talks a little about these HID's they are pretty amazing.

http://www.xtralights.com/xetronicdi...3typepair.aspx
He is talking about a projector retrofit. The TRS products are much higher quality than those Xetronics.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 AM
I know that. I was talking about finding a good set of projector heads to use for a retro fit because the ones I've seen don't look good at all. And if your talking Just HID kit vs HID kit The xetronic blow the morimoto out of the water just sayin.

Last edited by NickF150fx4; 10-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Project RBP Ecoboost F150 FX4