Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 SuperCrew Audio system

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 SuperCrew Audio system

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the group but have already put some of the info on this forum to use on my '10 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 (USB2 mod). I took delivery earlier this week and love just about everything with this truck. My old Chevy had the Bose stereo upgrade and I'm finding the stock stereo a bit lacking for my taste. The first thing I'd like to try is swapping out the factory speakers for some after market ones as this made a difference on a prior FORD ('96 Probe GT). What I'd like to know is if anyone has taken off the door panels and/or mesh screen to get to the door speakers. What size should I expect to find? Crutchfield's "outfit my car" feature reveals 5X7 or 6X8 and 5 1/4" options (only able to find F-150 in the 2009 category currently but it can't be that different, right?). Also does the factory stereo have the capability to add a small sub? I'm not looking to rattle anything loose, just to have that extra punch my old system had. I have the factory head unit (no navigation, not Sony) and just the 4 door speakers. Any info is appreciated.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 AM
back2...sorry I can't comment on the '09 speaker R&R - but welcome to the forum and have fun with your new 2010 Lariat 4x4! Sounds like a nice rig...post some pics when you can I do have the Sony preimum sound on my '09 and it has to be one of the best factory preimum sound systems I've heard yet. I would be interested though, in upgrading the door speakers sometime down the road. My '05 Lariat 4x4 had the audiophile sound option (with the factory sub - which was surprisingly strong for a stock sub) and it responded very well to the Infinity Kappa's I swaped out the stock door speakers with...clearer highs and a bit better bass as well. I was amazed at the low quality of the stock door speakers that came with the Audiophile sound system in my '05. Hope the '09's are better quality.

Good luck

Old 09-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by HotLap
back2...sorry I can't comment on the '09 speaker R&R - but welcome to the forum and have fun with your new 2010 Lariat 4x4! Sounds like a nice rig...post some pics when you can I do have the Sony preimum sound on my '09 and it has to be one of the best factory preimum sound systems I've heard yet. I would be interested though, in upgrading the door speakers sometime down the road. My '05 Lariat 4x4 had the audiophile sound option (with the factory sub - which was surprisingly strong for a stock sub) and it responded very well to the Infinity Kappa's I swaped out the stock door speakers with...clearer highs and a bit better bass as well. I was amazed at the low quality of the stock door speakers that came with the Audiophile sound system in my '05. Hope the '09's are better quality.

Good luck
Thanks for the welcome, this site seems like a great resource!
Here's a link:https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ariat-4x4.html.

Last edited by back2blueoval; 09-06-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: picture didn't post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by back2blueoval
Thanks for the welcome, this sit seems like a great resource!
Here's a link:https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ariat-4x4.html.
Thanks for the link...nice looking rig ya got there

Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't comment on your stereo questions (non-audiophile here but loving the Sony radio) but I'm sure others will chip in shortly with good ideas and directions.

Anyways, nice truck! Enjoy the ride.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Back2..I was in a similiar situation with my 09 XLT. The stock stereo sounded like crap, and I had to do something about. So I bought Alpine SPR-57C speakers to put in the front. With just that change, it made the sound system almost, and I say almost night and day. I did nothing to the rear speakers. You have to remove the whole door panel to replace the front and rear speakers. You can find the procedure on this forum. Also, that was not enough power for me. So I had two amps from other installs sitting around, so I purchased a MTX-reQ (Line out convertor and bass restorer) and hooked those up to my stock head. Let me tell you, WOW, what a difference. I now have 100wrms x 2 pushing the front Alpines, and 300wrms pushing a solobaric 8" L5 subwoofer. So it can be done, but you have to figure out how far you want to take it. I'm very happy with my install. It is plenty load enough, and I still love the look and functionality of the stock head unit and sync. Would be happy to go over the nuts and bolts of the install with you. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I have access to the 2009 F-150 Workshop manual and will be glad to send you the book instructions for the door panel removal. It's very easy and you'll have them off in no time.

Quick Reply: 2010 SuperCrew Audio system