2009 - 2014 F-150

Had remote start installed this past weekend...AND...

Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had remote start installed this past weekend...AND...

...this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V85J6eKXfRo (special thanks to 05_sprcrw for pointing me in the right direction)

The remote start installed is a 2-Way Clifford 20.7x which has a one mile range. That will be handy as I'll be able to start the truck from my office which is a block or two away...and 8 floors up.

P.S. Yes, I know she needs a bath...I'll be taking care of that shortly.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
That is pretty nice!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

pretty cool. can you close it too?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by thejake1989
pretty cool. can you close it too?
sadly, no.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Is that the ez down? Will it work if you have the manstep?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by broncobran68
Is that the ez down? Will it work if you have the manstep?
yes, it's an ez down...no idea about the man step...I don't have one.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by BrainDonor
...this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V85J6eKXfRo (special thanks to 05_sprcrw for pointing me in the right direction)

The remote start installed is a 2-Way Clifford 20.7x which has a one mile range. That will be handy as I'll be able to start the truck from my office which is a block or two away...and 8 floors up.

P.S. Yes, I know she needs a bath...I'll be taking care of that shortly.

Braindoner you got a link to the place you got your parts for the talgate stuff. I have the viper 5901 and was wanting to do this but was waiting for someone to try it befroe i went ahead and done it. cheers

Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SINGL...item23033bbcd0

I used a pulley like contraption in the middle as there wasn't room to mount it directly. Don't put too much tension on the cable or it won't be able to pull as it needs to. As you can see in the video, there is a little slack. Just mount it and wire it in. Make sure you ground it really well. Just grounding to the tailgate is not good enough apparently. When it was first connected it was creating an arc from the tailgate to the body of the truck.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's awesome! I just got my alarm/remote start installed and it's great. Didn't both with any accessories yet, though. I love the EZ-down you have there. And that's a great idea with the solenoid.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
That's awesome! I just got my alarm/remote start installed and it's great. Didn't both with any accessories yet, though. I love the EZ-down you have there. And that's a great idea with the solenoid.
Got the idea from 05_sprcrw, who did this on his truck a while back.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 AM
I did this on my Platinum (with the man step) about a month or two ago. I have the EZ down on the left side, and have the Viper 5901 alarm system. The trunk popper is wired to the auxiliary button on the remote. Works perfect (haven't found a time I was out of range yet).

For the guy that asked about the man step. Yes, it will work fine, just takes a little more finagling to get it in the right spot. Oh, and the tail gate will drop a little faster than the one in the video. When I watched his and compared it to mine, I was like "holy crap his drops slow." It's nearly twice as slow as mine, but don't let yourself think it will slam, it comes no where near that. Oh, and I have a bed rug installed in my bed too.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150
I did this on my Platinum (with the man step) about a month or two ago. I have the EZ down on the left side, and have the Viper 5901 alarm system. The trunk popper is wired to the auxiliary button on the remote. Works perfect (haven't found a time I was out of range yet).

For the guy that asked about the man step. Yes, it will work fine, just takes a little more finagling to get it in the right spot. Oh, and the tail gate will drop a little faster than the one in the video. When I watched his and compared it to mine, I was like "holy crap his drops slow." It's nearly twice as slow as mine, but don't let yourself think it will slam, it comes no where near that. Oh, and I have a bed rug installed in my bed too.
How much added weight does the man step provide?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by BrainDonor
How much added weight does the man step provide?
Not positive, but it's evidently enough extra weight to alter the speed at which the tailgate drops. I've never opened/closed a tailgate on the new F150 without the man step, so I don't really have a comparison.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had remote start installed this past weekend...AND...