2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MSN Rejects '09 Ram; F-150 Makes Top 10

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1981
I agree, my 06 gets nothing but comliments from passengers and onlookers... The shifts are super smooth, the power comes on early and the cab is quiet and well sealed. The only area I could really say needs improvement is unloaded ride and MPG. Im pulling a respectable 14-15 MPG city, but more would never hurt
That's the price we pay to be able to dump 2K lbs in the box and drive it up a 20% grade. The '09 models should be better since Ford put in longer leaf springs and I believe their version of MDS. This of course Ford improved by stopping fuel to the dead cylinders and lowering RPM.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbird69
That's the price we pay to be able to dump 2K lbs in the box and drive it up a 20% grade. The '09 models should be better since Ford put in longer leaf springs and I believe their version of MDS. This of course Ford improved by stopping fuel to the dead cylinders and lowering RPM.
That technology comes with a price. Will the extra sticker cost offset the decreased overall price paid for fuel? I'd bet it's a negligible difference.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
From what Ford has said in the videos, the new truck won't cost more to make than the current truck so they are not charging more.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
From what Ford has said in the videos, the new truck won't cost more to make than the current truck so they are not charging more.
We shall see.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Also, from Derek....

From what I have heard, same or less (not much less)....

Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
Also, from Derek....

From what I have heard, same or less (not much less)....
I wish the dealers lived by this also. I'm sure the first ones on the lots will be "marked up" a tad...

Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
I wish the dealers lived by this also. I'm sure the first ones on the lots will be "marked up" a tad...
I don't blame them, make money where you can in this F ed up economy

Old 01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
I don't blame them, make money where you can in this F ed up economy
Absolutely. I'd buy one of these if the damn stock market would correct itself.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
To be the sales leader, of course they are. That doesn't make Ford the best.
Within the time frame of 31 years, if Ford wasn't the better truck, I do believe that this would have been enough time for that to be borne out. Overall, Ford is indeed the better truck. The sales figures bear that out.

To state otherwise is to insinuate that all the folks who've bought them over those years, over and over again, were too stupid to know how to spend their money..........and if the Fords were falling apart and blowing up, there would have been damned few repeat customers.

After all, you don't see any Pintos around anymore.

Ford has its problems, to be sure. If they weren't saddled by management and union problems, the Fords would be absolutely stellar. Ford can design the living hell out of a truck, but when it comes to building them, the aforementioned problems force them to take some shortcuts that make them a little less than they could be.

It begs to be said that Ford needs to get a handle on its problems if it wishes to remain the leader. Toyota is an engineering powerhouse and their quality is undisputed. I still believe the Koreans will enter the market in a few years once union contracts have pushed the prices of the domestics out of reach for most buyers, and the Koreans mean business. Kia and Hyundai adapted their originally crappy cars to our market and now they're selling the hell out of them. I don't put them on par with everyone else yet, but they are getting there.
I can't see myself driving anything but a Ford truck, but reality is what it is. "When money talks, BS walks."

I don't like the '09. It looks like someone stuck a big damned grill on the front and called it a redesign. A new front end on the same *** end. It doesn't look right.......and I maintain that if Ford didn't have the corporate issues it does, you would have seen one hell of a good looking truck.

Let's face it. Ford has captured the market with its quality, and retained it by styling. The current generation does have its quality issues, and that's where Ford should have put in its efforts, because the styling was already the hottest thing out there. In other words, they messed with a good thing and didn't address the necessary things.

Quick Reply: MSN Rejects '09 Ram; F-150 Makes Top 10