2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PM Snubs 09 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gpaje
I don't really see any new innovations on the 09' F150. There is the new 6-speed automatic, which now just makes us even with everyone else.
Nope. The Ram is a 5 speed, Titan is a 5 speed, and Chevy/GM is a 4 speed.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yep, even if it's true that the 5.4 has been massaged for only 10 more HP, the 6 speed will make it move like it has 50 more.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 4x4whiteSTX
It sure is interesting to me how peope will defend the RAM constantly in this forum, even though it is a 2009 FORD F150 FORUM!
Thier are ford owners who have great trucks, and Ford owners who don't, the Ford owners who have issues will allways look to anothier brand, Dodge fourms have owners who look to Ford when the road is rough .

The debate betwean who is better with the 09 models is going to warrent debate betwean Ford and dodge.

The best thing abought this is booth Ford and Dodge will get better.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 4 4X4ING
I hear ya!! If they like the Dodge so much they should go visit the Dodge forums, buy a Dodge Truck and go stand in the service lines along with all of the other Dodge owners and talk about how nice their Dodges are as they're being fixed. LOL

I have owned 2 Dodge Trucks and the first one was a mistake. It's like that saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

If you want to know about the experiences I had with my Dodge trucks, email me and I'll give you my phone number to call me to let you know about the problems I had with the Dodge trucks that I owned. It would just take too long and too much time to write here what all the problems I had with just the second Truck before even getting to the first truck that I owned.

All of you that think Dodge is so great, go get one and have fun standing in the service lines at the Dodge repair facilities. Those lines are VERY long and it's not because everyone there is just getting an oil change done.

Just to let all of you know, the ones that are saying to themselves "he probably didn't take care of his trucks and beat them up", I took very well care of all of the vehicles I owned/own because of the costs of them today and just have a lot of pride in what I own.

Okay, thats fair, Call me and I will give you all the issues I expieranced on on a 02 F-150 4x4 bought new, the front suspension ( ford had a bad run with ball joints tie rods ) was rebuit twice at less than 20,000 miles, all high way, so I gave Ford a 2nd chance and bought a new gen 04 F-150, three altenaters, two batteries, axle seals, cam phaser issues with the 5.4 and numerious road side assistance call's because the MF truck would not start.

So, I agree Dodge has issues with thier automatics and imploading rear diffs on the 1500 Ram, Ford has thier share of problems, so lets move on ...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
My bad, I was confusing my buddies 2007 Silverado 2500, which has a 6-speed automatic.

I was also probably thinking about the new Tundra 5.7L with it's 6-speed auto.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by gpaje
I don't really see any new innovations on the 09' F150. There is the new 6-speed automatic, which now just makes us even with everyone else. The engines seem to be just "warmed" over, with no real major improvement in power. I know some better engines are around the corner, but we are under-gunned now!

The styling (which was a strong point) on the F150 seems to have taken a step backwards. It does have that nice tailgate step thingy, but I really like that Ram Box system in the new Ram.

Either way, I can't make up my mind until I see them in person.
Just because you choose to ignore the long list of innovations doesn't mean they don't exist. The information is available, go see it for yourself before you give an opinion based on bad information.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
A tailgate step, a frame that is a dry bag of dogfood lighter and a whopping 1 mpg improvement aren't exactly innovations that will turn the market on it's ear.

Ford is seriously looking at losing their 32 year reign as sales leader to Chevrolet this year with this warmover.

They should have just waited until 2010 when the new engines are ready to roll out and raised the bar with a complete package since it appears that they may take one on the chin anyway.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I just want to add that, while there are a surplus of pictures of the new F150, nearly all of them are computer generated. They dont do the truck justice.

Example: Tbird69, the truck in your sig..Computer generated, and looks like crap. Personally, I think the REAL photos of the truck look pretty good.

Just seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions on the new truck...

Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MOford21
I just want to add that, while there are a surplus of pictures of the new F150, nearly all of them are computer generated. They dont do the truck justice.

Example: Tbird69, the truck in your sig..Computer generated, and looks like crap. Personally, I think the REAL photos of the truck look pretty good.

Exactly, pro or con.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Hate to say it but the FX4 in my sig is a picture of the actual truck. The way I shrunk it makes it look like it does.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
Hate to say it but the FX4 in my sig is a picture of the actual truck. The way I shrunk it makes it look like it does.
It is a picture, but it is as the other guy said computer generated. Those cad drawings have always left something to desire.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire

The debate betwean who is better with the 09 models is going to warrent debate betwean Ford and dodge.

The best thing abought this is booth Ford and Dodge will get better.

agree 100%

Old 01-23-2008, 07:41 AM

Computer generated pic, an artist's rendering in watercolor, an oil portrait, granite or quartz sculpture, or a studio photograph in just the right lighting.................

The fact is that that grill is a monster and sticks out like a boil on an ***.

The **** on the tailgate must be the end result of the effects of crack or other hallucinogenic drugs.

The side mirrors just seem to say........"look at me! I'm the latest example of cheap, piece of crap Tier II supplier trim parts imported from a third world nation under NAFTA!"

I can't help but think that the external dressing up of the '09 was done in areas where nothing was really needed............and the cost of these superficial changes will show up large and prominent on the invoice.

There's your justice.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Just because you choose to ignore the long list of innovations doesn't mean they don't exist. The information is available, go see it for yourself before you give an opinion based on bad information.
What?

I did read everything on this truck, I didn't say it wasn't an improvement, but nothing really big for 09'.

Tailgate step? A few more hp? Slightly stiffer? Long list of what?

Quick Reply: PM Snubs 09 F-150