2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I HATE the new f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They change the headlights for '08? Did I miss something, or is that just cause it's some photochopped pic?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
No man some moron photochopped a pic and he though it was the 2008 or 2009. I don't know what he was thinking.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
It's a stupid photoshop. If you're going to post a pic to make a point, at least use the real thing.
You do realize that I didn't post these picture, right?

Old 01-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Things Ford Did Right

1. I love the tailgate and bed step.
2. The flat loading floor is good, but stolen from the Nissan Titan.
3. The interior is much nicer, but I hope the seats are more comfortable than the 04-08.
4. Ford finally added many features other manufacturers have had for years.
5. The six-speed transmission will hopefully improve the performance, just hope they didn't screw up the programming of it. I rented a 07 Tundra for a week, and Ford will have a tough time making a transmission that shifts smooth and fast.

Things Ford Did Wrong

1. Who the hell approved the styling of this truck? Ford has an internal dispute with which designer they are using. The American guy is responsible for the huge 3 bar grills that Ford wants to put on every car they make. The European designer designs some sexy cars overseas. I'm not sold on the new Ford styling, and I've always thought Ford vehicles looked much better than most manufacturers. I almost prefer the styling of the Tundra over the F150 now.
2. Where is the Hurricane engine that was promised for the 2008 model? A 10hp increase for the 5.4L??? You got to be kidding me. Ford doesn't realize they have been left in the dust, and I'm tired of waiting on them to catch up. Also, no cylinder deactivation of any kind? Chevy and Dodge have it. It may not help out much, but a little is better than nothing when you build a truck that gets some of the worst gas mileage in its class. Lets not forget the Ford execs stated they didn't foresee fuel prices rising in the future when they were designing this truck (It was in the news around the time they released the details on the 09 truck).
3. Why do they have so many trim levels? More options?? I had a hard enough time finding a truck with the options I wanted. Just include mostly everything you'd want in the Lariot edition.

I'm critical of this truck because I've been a huge Ford fan most of my life. I hate it when they are so close to having the best truck ever made, and fall short in areas that can be simply improved. The competition is getting tougher and Ford is falling more behind every year. Yes, they sell more trucks, but they'd sell a lot more when they fix the powertrain issues. Show a commercial of the F150 out accelerating a Toyota Tundra while towing during football season and see what that will do to your sales, especially since its pretty well known Fords are slow. Let the world know Ford is making efforts to improve their truck.

Hopefully I'll be shopping for a new truck soon if I win my lemon law case against Ford, but I'm not quite convinced the 09 F150 will keep me in a Ford. I'm currently renting a 07 Tundra for a week while on a business trip, and Ford has some catching up to do in the powertrain thats for sure. The Tundra rides/drives very similar to my 06 F150, but I'm giving the slight nod to the F150.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=memsu][QUOTE]

Things Ford Did Right
I like the tailgate and box steps, but as mentioned before, the blue oval "thingie" could be done away with. I wonder how many mods are gonna be created to do away with it.
True, Ford has added a lot of electronic gizmos that others have offered before, but then just how much real value do those bring to the table?
Frankly, I'd like to see Ford concentrate on the core truck itself, and merely consult with aftermarket suppliers and make allowances for the gizmos to keep the costs down. I don't want to subsidize someone else's DVD surround-sound voice activated Sirius radio GPS wonder on wheels.

I just want a big damn powerful and reliable truck. I'll add on the goodies later as I can afford them.

Things Ford Did Wrong
1. Who the hell approved the styling of this truck?
Actually, I like the 3 bar grill on the Ford cars. It's simple, but bold. I personally think our traditional domestic producers are leading the way in styling. Ford cars just look outstanding. GM is putting out some nice looking stuff. Chrysler is still putting out the gimmicky body styles started by Iacocca, but some look pretty decent. The European divisions of Detroit have always made some awesome cars. At least up until a few years ago, I had always boasted that should GM sell just a few of their Opel vehicles over here, the response would be so positive that they'd have to move the whole damned factories here because that's all they'd be selling.

With the single exception of the Titan, the foreign makers styling just doesn't hold a candle. Every Toyota made looks like it was designed by committee.
Strictly my opinion. Any maker that can come out with a Prius or a Scion must have stylists who are hitting the crack pipe. While Toyota quality is undisputed, they as well have the dubious distinction of having perhaps the ugliest vehicles ever made.

2. Where is the Hurricane engine...
Our domestic manufacturers are lagging in developments to be sure. I personally think that until they shed their union chains, they'll continue to lose money and only offer whatever improvements they can afford to incorporate in any given fiscal year. Their management cultures need a giant kick in the *** as well. Until they can be free to actually design and build great vehicles and not play nursemaid to a bunch of whiny, spoiled, and over-paid workers while handing out shamefully extravagant contracts and golden parachutes for management, you'll see more of the same every year.

As funny as it may sound, I'll bet the Korean makers have plans to move into the truck market at some point. While I simply cannot see myself in Hyundai 4X4, there any number of people who do not feel the same and will go that route. Their vehicles are getting better and better while the value of the dollar gets weaker and weaker. Result? If they move into the truck market, you'll see Korean trucks on the road.

3. Why do they have so many trim levels? More options??
I'm all for options until they increase prices across the entire fleet. I prefer to go aftermarket because nothing a factory can offer will compare to aftermarket gear.
As for trim levels, I think I understand Ford's thinking on this one. The Ford badge is synonymous with TRUCK. Even many upscale customers simply do not want to drive a Lincoln truck. So...........Ford's gotta offer some stuff for the moneybags. After all, that's where the money is.
Me? I'm happy with the XLT. It's got the main stuff incorporated into the truck that I really need, and anything else will be aftermarket goodies for me.

I'm critical of this truck because....
As stated above, until they get their financial house in order by making the necessary labor and management changes, that's not likely to happen. They will continue to try to profit off of the Ford mystique.

Hopefully I'll be shopping for a new truck soon if I win my lemon law case against Ford, but I'm not quite convinced the 09 F150 will keep me in a Ford.
I have to applaud your obvious objectivity and brand loyalty. If you really do have a lemon law case against Ford and are still considering them, well, Ford should pick up on that and run with it.
If you decide not to go the '09 route, I couldn't blame you.
Me? I wouldn't simply because of that damned grill. Yet, in the spirit of the objectivity you have displayed, I will definitely want to see one in person before relegating the Ford into the "will not buy" column.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:57 AM
FYI, that's not a F-150. But some PHOTOSHOP of the 08 Expy and the 08 F-150.
I would like to see you go to a dealership and get an 08 f150 that looks like that. And no that is not a photoshop, it is an actual pic. But yes there is a slight difference between the pic I posted and the ones on this site. My bad. But if you can't see the obvious resemblance, then you are some hopless moron.

Last edited by CEE21; 01-23-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
NEVER!!!!

But I think I am done with it. Right or wrong, I just wanted to stir things up just for the heck of it. Thousands will by one, and eventually it will grow on all of us.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by CEE21
I would like to see you go to a dealership and get an 08 f150 that looks like that. And no that is not a photshop, that is an actual pic. But yes there is a slight difference between the pic I posted and the ones on this site. My bad. But if you can't see the obvious resemblance, then you are some hopless moron.

I think you just PROVED to Everyone here who the "Hopeless Moron" is...

Wow, This is a new Low....

Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to respond about the cylinder deactivation comment someone just made. Ask most GM owners who have the AFM on the 5.3. It's horrible. Idle issues are common. I personally buy a truck to have the power of a truck. I don't want cylinders working and then not working. The concept of helping with fuel economy is great but how it's done is not. There's already enough that can go wrong with today's high tech computer engines but this is ridiculous for those who want a working reliable engine. The dodge MDS has been better than GMs AFM but they can have them both. I'm glad Ford still has a V8 and not a V4/V8. I can't imagine having running back and forth b/n 4 and 8 cylinders. Also I like custom exhaust. How about sounding like a V8 until it cuts over to 4 then sounding like crap. Put them in cars, leave the trucks the way they are, IMO.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by BHibbs
I think you just PROVED to Everyone here who the "Hopeless Moron" is...

Wow, This is a new Low....

Your just mad because you was proven wrong that the Expy was redesigned in 08 and not 03. New body styling is a redesign, whether they change platforms or not. You are just like a guy I went to college with, would continue to argue with you even though he is obviously wrong, even when you show indisputable evidence. At least I can admit my little mix up. Can you not think of a better come back? Am I getting under your skin yet? Hope so, this is getting fun.

In my previous post I forgot to add that the "actual pic" came from google image, which was part of my mix up. At least I am admitting I was wrong on that pic. But that is the only thing I am wrong on.

Last edited by CEE21; 01-23-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Your just mad because you was proven wrong that the Expy was redesigned in 08 and not 03. New body styling is a redesign, whether they change platforms or not. You are just like a guy I went to college with, would continue to argue with you even though he is obviously wrong, even when you show indisputable evidence. At least I can admit my little mix up. Can you not think of a better come back? Am I getting under your skin yet? Hope so, this is getting fun.
Actually the latest redesign of the Expedition was for the 2007 model year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/27/f...ecting-texans/

Wasn't your whole schtick in this thread trying to tell us that the front of the 09 F150 looks exactly like the latest re-design of the Expedition?

Besides the headlights, I don't see it. If anything I wished that they would have used the Expedition front end.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Actually the latest redesign of the Expedition was for the 2007 model year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/27/f...ecting-texans/

Wasn't your whole schtick in this thread trying to tell us that the front of the 09 F150 looks exactly like the latest re-design of the Expedition?

Besides the headlights, I don't see it. If anything I wished that they would have used the Expedition front end.
Yeah your right, I am just stuck on the new year for some reason. I guess it was because I didn't really see one till the end of september last year (finally payed attention) which is usually when new models come out. I think it is mostly the grill that throws things off some between them. But look at the body lines, almost the same. The 150 might be a little taller over the headlights and grill. Anyhow, the desgners didn't go through a completely new brain storming sesseion versus the expy design.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 AM
i'm with you on this one...i flat out don't want cylinder deactivation.

...as an aside to others--it would be a nice change of status quo if criticism of the aesthetics could include some real analysis and constructive dialogue instead of the common 'looks like (insert personal baggage here)'

Originally Posted by tomclem
I have to respond about the cylinder deactivation comment someone just made. Ask most GM owners who have the AFM on the 5.3. It's horrible. Idle issues are common. I personally buy a truck to have the power of a truck. I don't want cylinders working and then not working. The concept of helping with fuel economy is great but how it's done is not. There's already enough that can go wrong with today's high tech computer engines but this is ridiculous for those who want a working reliable engine. The dodge MDS has been better than GMs AFM but they can have them both. I'm glad Ford still has a V8 and not a V4/V8. I can't imagine having running back and forth b/n 4 and 8 cylinders. Also I like custom exhaust. How about sounding like a V8 until it cuts over to 4 then sounding like crap. Put them in cars, leave the trucks the way they are, IMO.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah your right, I am just stuck on the new year for some reason. I guess it was because I didn't really see one till the end of september last year (finally payed attention) which is usually when new models come out. I think it is mostly the grill that throws things off some between them. But look at the body lines, almost the same. The 150 might be a little taller over the headlights and grill. Anyhow, the desgners didn't go through a completely new brain storming sesseion versus the expy design.
Are you talking about the F150 you Photo Shopped an Expy Front end to, or the REAL 2009 F150?

Quick Reply: I HATE the new f150