2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Well, I enjoyed my '09 Ram with the Hemi and would take that new 395 HP Hemi any day. Best riding truck I ever owned too. The only thing I didn't like as much was the huge chrome front end but you can order a colored matched Sport package.
That is a sweet looking Dodge, even though it pains me to say that!

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
With the new features that the '13 Ram has, Ford has some catching up to do. But in the end, still prefer the new Fords over the Dodges and no regrets coming back to the F150.
Competition is good for the consumer, and I expect Ford to catch up quickly.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
This was at the end of the page
so they're saying they're putting diesels in the half ton rams? for military use only but still that's something i like to see.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
If you look at the fuel filter life gauge it says 1053 miles driven, 70.2 gallons consumed. If my math serves me correctly thats like 15 miles to a gallon. What happened to mid twenties? Maybe I am looking into this way to hard.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
If you look at the fuel filter life gauge it says 1053 miles driven, 70.2 gallons consumed. If my math serves me correctly thats like 15 miles to a gallon. What happened to mid twenties? Maybe I am looking into this way to hard.
Yes, you are. We don't know what type of driving, what kind of load, how much idling, etc.

My F250 gets 33+ MPG according to the gauge. This is from the time I fill it up, until I turn off the main road to the road I live on. Pretty good, eh? Until I tell you that is just 2 miles, through town, most of which is down hill. In real-life, mostly rural stop-and-go everyday driving, I get about 13.

See how not knowing the details can skew things?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
The interiors look beautiful and with the sport package and that nice ram air hood they offer, that's one sexy truck. My next truck won't be really modded tho. Just exhuast and maybe a few cosmetics, drive it to the ground, then move on. My '04 will get all the love

Old 04-05-2012, 01:03 PM
WWCFS? Would would CometFlash say if he was here?

It would go something like this...

"Hahahah! I clicked on that link, and almost died. I forgot how unbelievably ugly that dodge pickup is. Holy crap, what a joke. That bass mouthed chromed thing might even look worse than the Tundra. Wow. So ugly... no wonder chyrsler is in a world of hurt, even their pickup trucks are looking campy and sad."

CometFlash, come back to f150online!!!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Cool truck. I'll always drive a Ford though. If I don't like a new one, then it will be an old one.

How about that shift "****"?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
The fugly interior has always kept me far enough away that I've lacked any interest. But a full refresh on the inside with these new engine / tranny options sure make the truck a little more appealing.

Ford seemed to be the first to re-do their trucks after the recession but the other makers get to learn from what Ford did right or not-so-right. I can see these being a huge hit.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After reading more about it I'm not that impressed. Outside of the air suspension, radiator slats and LED headlights it gets a big "so you copied Ford once again" from me. All of the other "new" things they brag about are already on my F-150 that I have been driving for a year now.

The 8 speed tranny is really more like a 6 speed from reading about it
Porsche called and said the active cooling slats are so 1987
LED headlights, cool on the first few Audis that had them, now so overdone
Power folding mirrors, Ford said 2005 wants its option back
Automatic wipers, already on my Ford
Electric steering, see above
4 wheel disc brakes, so 1999 F-150
Power slider with defrost, my Ford already has that button
6’4” bed on a crew cab, Ford gives you another 2”
Aluminum hood, Ford says welcome to 1997
Start/Stop sucks, it was a pain on every car I have driven with it

I could buy one for way less than dealer invoice; I have friends that own a Dodge dealership. Sorry guys, I’ll stick to buying a Ford.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
chrysler turns out cheap crap with cheap materials. I would never put my family in one. Don't get me wrong they do have some decent looks on some of they're vehicles. But its what you can't see that matters. If you GAVE me one id drive it straight to ford and buy a truck that will last.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by worm5932
chrysler turns out cheap crap with cheap materials. I would never put my family in one. Don't get me wrong they do have some decent looks on some of they're vehicles. But its what you can't see that matters. If you GAVE me one id drive it straight to ford and buy a truck that will last.
Yep, Crapsler, I mean Fiat is ALWAYS on the bottom of JD's 3 year reliability test. Plus it would be nice if they gave us taxpayers our money back from the bail-out, but they've already said "sorry, we can't or will pay you back". Go to Hell GM & Cry-co

Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
It'll be interesting to see how many fuel consumption-conscious buyers switch sides and get their 8-speed V6 RAM trucks.

Meanwhile, I can tow more, haul more, AND get almost as good fuel economy from my F-150, and (hopefully) my F-150 won't disperse its transmission parts all over the ground like RAMs are known for.

And yeah, I've got an EcoBoost, but the 5.0 guys are still better off than V6 RAM owners

-John

Old 04-05-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I also like the sway bar, Ford should have that. I think that is a great option esp for those that stick to the streets

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by fordmantpw
That is a sweet looking Dodge, even though it pains me to say that!

Competition is good for the consumer, and I expect Ford to catch up quickly.
Thanks fordmantpw....I agree, competition is great for the consumer and Ford won't standing around with their hands in their pockets.

Originally Posted by Wookie
After reading more about it I'm not that impressed. Outside of the air suspension, radiator slats and LED headlights it gets a big "so you copied Ford once again" from me. All of the other "new" things they brag about are already on my F-150 that I have been driving for a year now.
Yeah Wookie, I have to agree with you as one of my first impressions was Dodge borrowed heavily from Ford's interiors. But it worked and people do like them. Having had both, I have to say Ford still does a better job with its interior designs although Dodge did have a lot of cool storage features that I wish Ford could adopt.

Originally Posted by worm5932
Well, my new Ram was very upscale with quality materials and the auto media also ranked it as one of the best in class. I put my family in it and never let me down for anything. Had some older gens that performed well but the interior was lacking (except the cloth seat material which is one of the better, longer lasting out there) and had rattles and trim issues.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 04-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought about looking at a Dodge 2500 before I bought my Super Duty. As soon as I pulled the door handle, I knew it wasn't for me. The door handle felt flimsy and felt like it was going to come off in my hand. I think my 6 year old, extremely rambunctious, son would have ripped it off by now had I bought a Dodge.

I do like the looks of the current and new gen though (front end only).

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram