2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 f150 electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 f150 electrical gremlins

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could give me some starting points before I tear into the innerds of my 2007 f150 stx this spring. For starters, things that I had done to it and had removed due to electrical issues: had aftermarket HID lights on it but with the Led fog lights on I made high beams stay on all the time. Removed HIDs and LED fog lights back to stock. I had LED dome and map lights. Recently removed those because I thought it was making my door chime go nuts. So now the problems I’m having. My red brake light on instrument panel stays on most of the time I used to be able to tap the clear plastic and it would go off for a bit. Sometimes the ABS light comes on. Not all the time, and tapping no longer works to get them to go off. My passenger front window has blown out two switches it will go down but I have to roll it up on drivers side. Does not seem to bother the master switch. And when my truck is running and parked the loud door chime goes insane and randomly constant OR not at all when the passenger door is opened, and my dome and map lights have a mind of their own. If anyone can give me some glimmer of hope fixing this please let me know. Thank yall

Old 02-11-2019, 03:53 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cswester86
My red brake light on instrument panel stays on most of the time I used to be able to tap the clear plastic and it would go off for a bit.

You have a lot of things going on. I'll address 1 item. Other people will chime in for your other issues.

This topic has been experienced by many. Search this topic, and you will see that it's all over the internet on different forums.

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/dash-brake-light-310547/

It could be a couple of sensors. When that's not it, it's the gauge cluster. Actually, a circuit board behind the cluster.

My personal solution is to do nothing. It doesn't effect the way my car runs. It's annoying to look at, so i don't look at it.

You can buy a new gauge cluster.

You can remove your's and send it out for service. A company online does this.

800-547-2049

SEARCH RESULTS

Search Results for ""f150 instrument""

PLEASE CALL US AT 800-547-2049 IF YOU CANNOT FIND THE REPAIR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ON OUR WEBSITE.

• 2011 - 2014 FORD F150 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPAIR
    $199.99
    This repair service corrects Ford F150 instrument cluster problems on year models 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014. These instrument clusters have a common problem with the: LCD odometer screen / productivity screen going blank LCD odometer...

• 2009 - 2010 FORD F150 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPAIR
    $169.99
    This is a complete instrument cluster rebuild and repair service for the 2009 and 2010 Ford F150 gauge cluster that is experiencing intermittent power issues. Are the gauges on your 2009 – 2010 Ford F150's dash having intermittent power...

• 2004 – 2008 FORD F150 LCD ODOMETER AND BRAKE LIGHT REPAIR
    $149.99
    This is a complete instrument cluster rebuild of the Ford F150 gauge cluster that will correct the LCD odometer and "red brake light" issues for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 Ford F150 trucks. Issues we repair on your F150 instrument...

Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update

After doing some digging around in the door of my truck I seem to have found that the area where one of the plugs that go near the passenger front door latch causes my door ajar chime and dome lights to go nuts when I do a wiggle test. Now since I really can see that well in there I’m not sure if it’s the door lock actuator that is in need of replacement or the door latch itself. I’m still lost on my front passenger window switch, I took the one off my 2008 f150 and it ran the window up and down all day, but I’m still not sure I’m ready to risk the money to up and replace the switch until I figure out why the front passenger door ruined the switch that came off the passenger rear suicide door within a day of switching it. I did a pretty good check on wires in the channel under the floor trim and in the door and the wires in the boot that connects the door to the body didn’t visually see any bare wires and the wiring insulation feels pretty pliable yet so no dry rot. Any tip towards this window issue and what part of the door latch I should replace would be greatly appreciated thank y’all for previous reply and any future replies

Quick Reply: 2007 f150 electrical gremlins