F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   07 F10 Cascading issues from a simple start need help (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/519947-07-f10-cascading-issues-simple-start-need-help.html)

Grifter77 12-19-2018 11:46 AM

07 F10 Cascading issues from a simple start need help

Ok Guys I'm not sure what's going on and I'm at my whit's end and need some help pleaseI have a 07 F-150 with a 4.6 V8 round 140k miles
So I noticed a severe miss when I was around 55MPH and the code read miss in Cyl# 7 no biggie I'll change the plugs.the entire Left side was fine a little dirty but fine.
But the right side got progressively worse so great blown Gasket yeah....
But it was in the middle of a snow storm around 16" and I don't have a indoor garage so I broke down and took it to a shop.
they replaced both gaskets and 3 coils #3- #5 -#8.went to pick it up and it was still missing so we replaced #6 then it showed clear and I ran some sea foam through it.
I s
tarted smelling gas really bad and got a new code that stated it could be the Cat converter, or loose plugs or bad fuel injectors.so I took it back to the shop and he said I had a busted injector so we replaced them all with 12 hole Bosh and put a new coil in #7 so the entire right side has been replaced plugs and coils
Now I'm not getting a sputter anymore or gas smell But I have two new codes of P2196 and P2198 ..
both are stating Signal stuck in Rich in bank 2 and 1
But I replaced the 02 sensor a year ago
and I also had a test result of EGR bank 2 fail.
I have no idea what to do now so help please I'm getting very frustrated

glc 12-19-2018 04:14 PM

• Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor
  • Front Heated Oxygen Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Front Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Inappropriate fuel pressure
  • Faulty fuel injectors
  • Intake air leaks may be faulty
  • Vacuum leaks
Clear the codes and see if they come back. They may be left over from when you were having issues.

JackandJanet 12-20-2018 04:09 PM

Grifter, I deleted the other two threads you started on this issue. Please don't create new threads on the same topic. Doing so leads to confusing responses that can waste your time and cost you money. If you need to elaborate on the issue you are having, please do it in this thread. GLC has given you some good troubleshooting ideas. Check them out.

BTW, use of Seafoam is generally frowned upon by members of this forum. It seems to cause more problems than it cures.

- Jack

Labnerd 12-20-2018 10:13 PM

You'll find out like others that Seafoam, that is 80% pale oil, is not good for sensors or the cats. Don't be surprised if you have a P0430 code pop up. If you do, blame yourself, not the truck. Oil and the sensors and cats do not handle oil at all at any kind of volume. If you poured Seafoam in the throttle body, you wouldn't be the first to crack a valve or a piston either. Lesson learned here is, nothing goes down the intake system but air. There are few "fixes" in a bottle worth the bottle they are put in. Most will be nothing but kerosene or a light oil. The ONLY fuel system cleaner approved by all car makers is Techron. For light cleaning, which you shouldn't need with new injectors, would be Gumout WITH Regane.

KC8FLB 12-28-2018 07:42 PM

You need to stop taking it to shops that will throw parts at it. Take it to a reputable shop that will diagnose the problem for you which will cost you labor for diagnosis time. Most shops are $100+ per hour but a good shop will diagnose the exact root cause and know exactly what needs to be fixed instead of guessing and throwing parts at it. You will run out of money throwing parts at it trying to fix it that way.

Grifter77 01-09-2019 04:13 PM

Ok here's where I am now I have replaced the Egr and the Egr tube that runs to the manifold I did not replace the double line that connects to the top of the Egr with two boots
I had assumed by replacing it it would resolve the issue and it partially did but the check engine is gone for the moment but I am still failing two sections of Torque

MID $22 TID:$80
Catalyst Monitor bank 2
Min 0Ratio Max: 0.609ratio
Current 0.754ratio

AND

MID $32 TID$82
Egr monitor Bank 2
Min -32.768kPa Max : -32.659kPa
Current : -0.845kPa

Any recommendation's on what to do now.
there are no other shops in my immediate area I don't mind doing the work myself but have no idea what's wrong at this point

ManualF150 01-09-2019 04:47 PM

You should go back and read post #5.

I recommend bringing it to Ford.

Grifter77 01-09-2019 05:25 PM

I appreciate the advice of bringing it to ford but I was looking for help possibly fixing it myself

bobwhitecar 01-10-2019 06:37 AM

how much have you driven it since the repairs?

Grifter77 01-10-2019 10:16 AM

for two days about 120 miles and the P0430 came back last night

glc 01-10-2019 10:57 AM

Your bank 2 driver's side cat has low efficiency. It may be starting to plug up, which may be upsetting the EGR. This will happen when you drive it with misses and leaky injectors.

Take it to a muffler shop and get a cat backpressure test done.

Grifter77 01-10-2019 01:10 PM

I was having issues a month ago where the valve gasket blew and had to be replaced. The right side plugs were soaked in oil I had to replace the all plugs and coils and I replaced the fuel injectors as well.
I have also replaced the egr.

I will check with a muffler shop to see if they have that available

bobwhitecar 01-10-2019 01:57 PM

you could try the cleaner you put in the fuel tank to help clean the cats