2004 - 2008 F-150

Sounds like wind noise only on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like wind noise only on acceleration

Took the truck into Ford yesterday morning because of an annoying sound that happens only when on acceleration 2-3k rpm..sure it goes higher but havent really gotten on it after hearing the noise. I have been taking it easy.. come to find out they said there is a breach somewhere in the vacumm lines to the 4x4 and whats happening is the 4x4 is at the beginning stages of wanting to engage. I did read on here something about a vacumm hose, but does it also make the sound like a window was cracked and wind blowing through...

Cost estimate was $300 something for labor just to pinpoint the problem which is done by hooking up a smoker and waiting three hours till they see where the smoke is coming out. Have any of you heard of this or have any suggestions on where I might look and find the problem... guess I wouldnt mind so much if they were constantly working on the truck for 3 hours but to hook up a machine and walk away and wait for the lines to fill up with smoke and come back to it hours later seems like throwing money to the wind

Old 09-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you find out what it was?

Originally Posted by ssrgeoff
Took the truck into Ford yesterday morning because of an annoying sound that happens only when on acceleration 2-3k rpm..sure it goes higher but havent really gotten on it after hearing the noise. I have been taking it easy.. come to find out they said there is a breach somewhere in the vacumm lines to the 4x4 and whats happening is the 4x4 is at the beginning stages of wanting to engage. I did read on here something about a vacumm hose, but does it also make the sound like a window was cracked and wind blowing through...
Originally Posted by ssrgeoff
Cost estimate was $300 something for labor just to pinpoint the problem which is done by hooking up a smoker and waiting three hours till they see where the smoke is coming out. Have any of you heard of this or have any suggestions on where I might look and find the problem... guess I wouldnt mind so much if they were constantly working on the truck for 3 hours but to hook up a machine and walk away and wait for the lines to fill up with smoke and come back to it hours later seems like throwing money to the wind
Did you find out what the problem was? I’m having the same issue

Old 09-21-2021, 08:31 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
That member hasn't logged in since 2009.

Quick Reply: Sounds like wind noise only on acceleration