2004 - 2008 F-150

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Lights

I recently purchased a 2008 F150 with only 57k miles which apparently was garage kept. Although I knew this truck has "issues" and even though it is 10yrs old , it is in remarkably great condition. As a marine mechanic, the known "challenges" do not detour me from purchasing this truck. I want to install OEM fog lights ( using an oem headlight switch w/fog), my question is this, where on the fuse/power box is the fog light "pin" or, which harness and plug carry the fog light pin /switched power (after the relay)? I see the fuse and relay positions but can not find any schematics showing the location of the pin exiting the fuse box that lead to the fog lights? Any help to point me to the accurate schematic or which pin/harness plug would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:27 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Buy a bumper with the fog light cutouts. Buy the OEM style fog light specific to that bumper. As for wiring, you may be better off wiring them through a relay, like you do with offroad lights, and either trigger the relay with your headlight low beam, or install a toggle switch. Just easier that way. Or, you can pick up a Haynes Manual, which has the electrical schematic and wiring diagram.

I added fog lights to my F-150, and choose dual color LED. Illuminate in daylight temperature & amber. Daylight is great for night driving, and navigating underground garages & tunnels. Daylight also works well where daylight driving lights are called for. Amber is better for inclement weather. I am very pleased with the results. For me, it's better than having the OEM halogen 35W fog light. But you can decide what works best in your application.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights