2004 - 2008 F-150

I知 Back!!!! 2007 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I知 Back!!!! 2007 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4

After a long sideline i am now back in an F-150. I was a long member in the 97-03 forums with a 2001 Supercrew lariat 4x4.i sold it due to alot of travel and got a vehicle with better mpg, but i am now back in an F150 again!

I have been lurking for 2 days and searching like crazy for some of my questions and issues but seem to be getting mixed responses or signals so here we go.

I do have a few questions as to my new F150 and these new body styles.

1.) sometimes my truck will not start in Park but will always start in neutral. It is a no crank issue. Lights radio everything comes on but no crank, switch to neutral, fires right up everytime.

2.) I have the XLT version with the center jumpseat. I am looking to add in a console. I like the flow through alot better than the normal XLT console, but i have seen in order to get an f150 flow through with the center shifter you must replace the dash. I do not want to tackle that task. My question is i have seem some Expedition swaps. What years exactly will fit our body styles? Also will seats also swap over from an expedition, might swap some leather.

thanks for the help.

Last edited by BigTruckGuy; 08-26-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:27 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome back! Nice looking truck.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:36 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
1. MLPS (neutral safety switch).

Old 08-26-2018, 09:43 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Very nice rides!

Old 08-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
It can also be the ignition switch. They are notorious for coming apart and causing this exact issue. The switch and the key lock are not in the same location or better said, the key lock is not the ignition switch.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by glc
Originally Posted by Labnerd
It can also be the ignition switch. They are notorious for coming apart and causing this exact issue. The switch and the key lock are not in the same location or better said, the key lock is not the ignition switch.
thanks guys. Just did a quick search and couldnt find anything, but is there a how to article or video on how to fix these issues?

Old 08-30-2018, 01:34 PM
The neutral safety switch is located on the drivers side of the transmission. Replacement part costs about $35 online, and takes about 10 minutes to swap it out. It sits on a pin that sticks out the side of the transmission, unplug the electrical connection, unscrew the nut on the end of the pin, slide the old piece off, slide the new one on, screw the nut on to secure it, and plug it back in. Good as new!

I will tell you that the nut that holds it on can sometimes be very rusty and corroded and if you crank on it you can snap it off and then you have to drop the transmission pan and go into the tranny to repair it. A $35 job can quickly became a $200 job repairing the pin, ask me how I know. If its corroded that bad, do yourself a favor, take a torch to it. Mine is an 07, had exactly the same symptoms as you.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Nice truck, tailights look black though.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ZEEKA
The neutral safety switch is located on the drivers side of the transmission. Replacement part costs about $35 online, and takes about 10 minutes to swap it out. It sits on a pin that sticks out the side of the transmission, unplug the electrical connection, unscrew the nut on the end of the pin, slide the old piece off, slide the new one on, screw the nut on to secure it, and plug it back in. Good as new!

I will tell you that the nut that holds it on can sometimes be very rusty and corroded and if you crank on it you can snap it off and then you have to drop the transmission pan and go into the tranny to repair it. A $35 job can quickly became a $200 job repairing the pin, ask me how I know. If its corroded that bad, do yourself a favor, take a torch to it. Mine is an 07, had exactly the same symptoms as you.
Thank you for the how-to! I will keep this is mind when i change mine!

Originally Posted by tbear853
Nice truck, tailights look black though.
Thanks! They look alot more black in this photo than IRL. They actually dont look that great and one is cracled so probably going to be replacing them soon.

Quick Reply: I知 Back!!!! 2007 F-150 Supercrew XLT 4x4