2004 - 2008 F-150

Crazy bump related squeak/rattle under my dash??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crazy bump related squeak/rattle under my dash??

Hello everyone, this is the only rattle my truck has and it’s a crazy annoying high pitched sueak of a rattle.

I would swear it sounds like it’s directly under my steering wheel but this one is hard to locate. It is bump related for sure, speed, rpms, nothing else makes it go off.

I can’t make the truck do it sitting still yet but it’s getting worse every day. It almost sounds like when an old speedo cable would squeak but this isn’t speed or rpm related.

It will do it when I go over tiny bumps....the sound is very much like how my bed cover rattles on the little stops that screw up and down to hold it tight, but it’s not coming from there, it’s under the dash.

I’ve been on this forum for many years and I’ve never heard of this one...it’s so high pitched it’s driving me crazy.

I hope one of you have had this and recognize my crazy description and can help!

Thanks is advance everyone.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where’s my head at? I forgot to say what my truck is! 2004 Lariat Screw, 5.4, 2wd. It’s not under the hood, I’ve checked everything. I swear it’s unspder my dash! Ive laid on my back and moved everything I could reach to try to find the source and right now I’m lost.

Quick Reply: Crazy bump related squeak/rattle under my dash??