2004 - 2008 F-150

Haven’t posted on here in two years

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haven’t posted on here in two years

Who’s still around?

I left to go to a different forum a couple years back due to constant log in issues. The site made me change me password monthly which is stupid and I’d forget the new one and get locked out.

Anyway, I gave it a try today and it actually worked.

Still have my 2008. 120k, drives great and still looks great.

Let’s see your trucks whoever is still around from 5-10 years ago.

Current pics

Old 06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Good to have you back. Your truck looks great.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Wondered where you went! You do keep your truck looking clean.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:31 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You know, when it forces you to change your password, you can simply reuse your existing password and it will be happy.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I'm still here and I still got my '07.

Just as clean as yours with 1/2 the mileage.

And BTW... Welcome back! Don't be a stranger!

Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 PM

Thanks guys!

glc, I always remember trying that and it would tell me I can’t reuse. Still, it was strange it made anyone do that. It’s not like this is a banking site or anyone out there really wants to be a 2008_xl imposter. Ha.

Manual, you don’t drive it much, huh? Do you end up getting the rust taken care of? I recall you posted about that a while back.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:46 PM

Yep.

Very happy with the work performed. The rust hasn't come back.

Here's some pics:

Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ManualF150
Yep.

Very happy with the work performed. The rust hasn't come back.

Here's some pics:

Came out looking great!

Old 06-15-2018, 10:34 PM

Yes it did.

I was quite impressed. The guy who did it used to do body work on commercial/transit buses.

Plus I got a PTM bedliner out of the deal.

Most shops don't want to deal with rust repair because it doesn't involve insurance claims as I found out.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:37 PM

Yes it did.

I was quite impressed. The guy who did it used to do body work on commercial/transit buses.

Plus I got a PTM bedliner out of the deal.

Most shops don't want to deal with rust repair because it doesn't involve insurance claims as I found out.
How much did they have to cut out? Did they cut the rear wheel arches too?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:25 PM

Quite a bit actually. It was about a shopping cart full of metal pieces.

Yes, he had to do my wheel arches. This is where it start bubbling. I got pictures posted on here someplace. He cut all that out until it was good metal, then welded in new pieces he made.

On the lower portions of the bed, he used thicker pieces of metal and blended it in. It's solid as a rock.

He also used the PTM bedliner on the lower areas. You can't even scratch it, and when you hit it, the noise sounds like plastic. It's some bed liner material made by 3M. Forgot the name of it. The stuff is incredible.

I almost wanted him to PTM bedliner the whole truck, but that would've been weird. lol

It was a neat experience watching him do it. Since it was on my way home from work, I'd stop by like every other day, and he'd show me what he was working on. I liked that, and he showed me he had nothing to hide. Plus he took pictures, step by step, and he would send them to me. It was quite enjoyable!

Last edited by ManualF150; 06-15-2018 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added more.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:24 AM

Quite a bit actually. It was about a shopping cart full of metal pieces.

Yes, he had to do my wheel arches. This is where it start bubbling. I got pictures posted on here someplace. He cut all that out until it was good metal, then welded in new pieces he made.

On the lower portions of the bed, he used thicker pieces of metal and blended it in. It's solid as a rock.

He also used the PTM bedliner on the lower areas. You can't even scratch it, and when you hit it, the noise sounds like plastic. It's some bed liner material made by 3M. Forgot the name of it. The stuff is incredible.

I almost wanted him to PTM bedliner the whole truck, but that would've been weird. lol

It was a neat experience watching him do it. Since it was on my way home from work, I'd stop by like every other day, and he'd show me what he was working on. I liked that, and he showed me he had nothing to hide. Plus he took pictures, step by step, and he would send them to me. It was quite enjoyable!
That’s great! Congrats on your brand new 2007. That thing should last at least another 10 years looking great.

You’re lucky, 04-08 is the best looking body style in my opinion. I wish I could have a new one.

We’re buying a new house soon so I’ll need to keep this truck a little longer. After that, I’ll probably look for a 1-2 year old newer truck. Probably an ‘18 with under 20k from down south. Hoping for a regular cab, long bed, 4x4 with an xlt or stx package so I don’t have to do anything to it.

My truck still has a lot of life. M5OD still shifts smoothly at 120k and the truck feels and drives no differently to me than it did when new.

Only issue I’ve had in recent years was the coil pack. They get cracks in them over time. One morning after a lot of rain it was missing pretty bad. Threw a code and I knew it had to be that since I had new plugs and wires. $40, 10 mins and a new oem coil pack and it was back to normal.

I haven’t had to do anything else to this truck besides oil, fuel and air filters and cleaning the tb and maf yearly.

I think the only thing I’ve added since I was last here were some oem oxford white fender flares.

I always liked the look of the oe ptm flares on trucks. Randomly came across a set already painted that were taken off a truck for $100 and so bought them and put them on.

Quick Reply: Haven’t posted on here in two years