2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 F150 lariat 5.4 fuel pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 F150 lariat 5.4 fuel pressure issues

Truck sputtered, ran enough to get off road, occasionally would run for a few seconds and then quit running last week.........dropped fuel tank and changed fuel pump....(didn't have right size fuel filter so didn't change old one)....ran fine for 30 mins then the same thing as before......it would start up and run for a min or two then died.......changed fuel filter.....truck ran good for 2 days then started acting up on my ride home....never stalled just sputtered.....Plugged in code reader and it said fuel rail pressure sensor out of range......drove fine 2 more days then started sputtering and dying but would always restart.......got home truck wouldn't start......took 1 side of fuel filter off and turned key....nothing for about 2 seconds then fuel flowed normally.....replaced fuel filter again ......next day would not start.....took off 1 side of fuel filter and same thing no fuel Then fuel.......drove it to work and after about 30 miles started sputtering and killing.....but always restarted......drove home same problems but worse.......replaced fuel pressure driver module...went to start truck and nothing....dropped fuel filter and same as before no fuel then fuel......noticed the fuel pump made less the desirable noises when cycling the key after it was primmer.....tried to drive to work and it was finefor 30 miles then stumbled for a min or two and then killed would not restart.........I watch the live data on my reader and fuel pressure drops to 1 or 2 psi when it is having issues.........what's left to drop more money into? Fuel pump bad again????? Give me a direction I'm lost now......thank u

Old 03-19-2014, 05:11 PM
To sum it up....new fuel pump.....3 new fuel filters.....new fuel pressure driver module..... And still not Running.....sorry for incorrect spelling.....I'm at work

Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
Maybe the fuel rail pressure sensor is bad?

Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 PM
I talked to ford about that this morning and they seem to think its not an issue......it would take 4 or 5 days to get the part (they say its not common at all) what about the fuel pressure regulator????

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
You don't have a regulator, the FPDM controls the fuel pump. It's a variable pressure system, not a return system that does use a regulator.

The rail sensor is 85 bucks at Rock Auto, in stock, if you want to shotgun it.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Ok so I fixed the issue..... Up underneath the driver side door where the wiring harnesses connect, there is a little open top housing to shield the connectors......it was full of mud...frozen/wet.....2 wires were bad.....I snipped and hard wired and the truck runs good now......

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-23-2021, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem, help me please

Originally Posted by jessesmall82
Ok so I fixed the issue..... Up underneath the driver side door where the wiring harnesses connect, there is a little open top housing to shield the connectors......it was full of mud...frozen/wet.....2 wires were bad.....I snipped and hard wired and the truck runs good now......
I have the same problem, you will have a photo of the place where these wires are or of your repair. Or what signal goes in those wires.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem

Originally Posted by Fortega Alex
I have the same problem, you will have a photo of the place where these wires are or of your repair. Or what signal goes in those wires.
Did you manage to figure it out???

Quick Reply: 2007 F150 lariat 5.4 fuel pressure issues