2004 - 2008 F-150

2008 F-150 Intermittent engine shaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F-150 Intermittent engine shaking

I'm new to F150 Online. I'm having two issue with my truck that I'm not sure are related.

1. While starting the truck cranks for 3-4 seconds before it starts up.
2. After driving for a while if I pull into a parking spot of back up the engine will start to shake. It throws no codes. This only happens if I've been driving for a while and it only happens at low RPM's. It also only happens about 3 times a week. If it does happen, if I push on the gas and rev up the engine, the shaking stops. What's frustrating about this, is it only happen occasionally and I can't replicate it. No knocking noises.

Here's what I've done to try and fix it.

1. Cleaned MAF Sensor (CRC CAf Sensor Cleaner)
2. Cleaned Throtte Body (CRC Throttle Body Cleaner)
3. Cleaned Fuel Injectors (CRC Injector Cleaner)
4. Replaced Battery
5. Replace Fuel Filter
6. Replaced Spark Plugs and Coils
7. Took to a Mechanic and he ran an inspection. Oil Pressure came back perfect. Everything came back in spec. He was unable to replicate the Engine Shaking

I was thinking it was the VCT Solenoids but if that was the case, would the issue be more consistent? Any thoughts?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Check the FPDM for corrosion.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:54 AM
I had same problem. Not the long cranking part but as for the shaking at low rpm( parking spots and red lights) its def your vct solenoids. Check those first. Mine fixed the problem and runs great. Well still ticks from the phasers but it won't die on me or embarrass me at a red light. Vct solenoids are maybe 20 bucks each if I remember. Downfall is I had to pull my valve covers

Old 10-25-2017, 01:57 AM
I had same problem. Not the long cranking part but as for the shaking at low rpm( parking spots and red lights) its def your vct solenoids. Check those first. Mine fixed the problem and runs great. Well still ticks from the phasers but it won't die on me or embarrass me at a red light. Vct solenoids are maybe 20 bucks each if I remember. Downfall is I had to pull my valve covers. Oh and it will get more consistent as time goes on. Mine went from couple times a week to every stop