2004 - 2008 F-150

Just finished lift kit install...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished lift kit install...

Here's some pictures of the install. Did it myself mostly. That last pic (if it loads) are the forward crossmember bolts. I had to swap these at the very end. Not hard but annoying so if you're doing this yourself, the fat washers go on bottom

Attached Thumbnails Just finished lift kit install...-img_0829.jpg   Just finished lift kit install...-img_0832.jpg   Just finished lift kit install...-img_0835.jpg   Just finished lift kit install...-img_0828.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Looks slightly raised on the front end cause it is. I never installed the AAL cause I was wiped out. Maybe in a few weeks after the holidays. More pictures to come once it's gotten an alignment.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I understand that you changed the bolts around in that last picture after it was took ...
I had to swap these at the very end. Not hard but annoying so if you're doing this yourself, the fat washers go on bottom
... but just looking at the picture, ... see you used "camber" bolts for attaching the new cross member below the oem cross member first time.
Did they come with the kit ..... and were there not some plates that fit behind them with "walls" that locate on those smaller holes so they can be used to adjust camber if used on the actual LCA pivots?

Just curious.

Nice Work!

Last edited by tbear853; 12-11-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:33 PM
They came with the kit. Thought I was smart enough to just slap together the lift but there are a few things you have to definitely read the instructions for. Also they flip the tie rod position with fabtech so it had me confused for a minute.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Not sure on your second question there... the new bolts for the bottom of the crossmember have slotted washers and bolts that slide together not allowing the washer to rotate. This keeps it in the position they want while doing an alignment I believe.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Athair
Not sure on your second question there ... etc ...
Never mind .... I looked at the picture closer ..... they have the "walls" for the washers welded on, not plates.