Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theleon
That fixed it! thanks!
Cool glad it worked for you

Old 12-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue

Originally Posted by ben michaud
I have a 2004 f150 with a simular issue. It wouldn't shift out of park with the headlighys on. Turn off headlights and I would although my heater didn't work just right. Turn on. The lights and shifter was stuck and no signal lights . the fix was a faulty ground on the passengers side where the fuse box is by the passengers feet there is 3 wires that go into one connector and screw into the cab of the truck I cut the wire put on a new connector and sanded the cab to give it a better ground and it works fine. So start there hope it helps
s

Im new at this and I’m having the same issue with my 2006 f150 but I can’t seem to find the wire you’re talking about is there any chance you could post a picture or be more specific on where the wire is I’ve been looking for 45 mins and can’t find a wire that matches your description.

Old 04-20-2021, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by theleon
That fixed it! thanks!
Can y’all help me out with a picture of the wires. When the lights are on or climate control I can’t shift out of park. I can shift into drive or reverse with them off however when I turn either on I have the High beam and solid turn signal indicators. A/C and heat are low. Appreciate the help. 2006 F-150

Old 05-28-2021, 02:11 PM
Did you ever figure this out?
Thanks

Old 07-10-2021, 08:38 AM
This worked on 2004 Ford Truck, ground was rusted out. This makes many problems.

Originally Posted by ben michaud
I have a 2004 f150 with a simular issue. It wouldn't shift out of park with the headlighys on. Turn off headlights and I would although my heater didn't work just right. Turn on. The lights and shifter was stuck and no signal lights . the fix was a faulty ground on the passengers side where the fuse box is by the passengers feet there is 3 wires that go into one connector and screw into the cab of the truck I cut the wire put on a new connector and sanded the cab to give it a better ground and it works fine. So start there hope it helps
This works, I fixed a 2004 Ford truck with a rusted out ground, you need to drill into sound metal and put on new connectors. this fixes many problems with electric system .

Old 09-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Jef
I too have this exact same problem with a 2005 XLT 4x4!
Any answers, yet?

Old 09-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Jef
Also when disconnecting the hot side of battery terminal, the horn would beeped shortly every time the lead would touch positive post.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Jef
I too have that exact problem!
2005 F150 4x4
any fixes yet?

Old 11-26-2021, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad ground fix

Originally Posted by Jef
I too have that exact problem!
2005 F150 4x4
any fixes yet?
here’s how I fix this issue. On the kick panel on the passengers side there is a ground wire that rusted out on my truck I snipped the ends off and put new connectors on them and then used a self taper screw and sanded the paint off further up the panel and attached it to that spot and used liquid electrical tape to seal Everything up attached are pictures showing the location and the fix. I hope this helps Everyone locate and fix the issue of the truck not shifting out of park and heater not working . This is my first post on this site and I noticed no one had actually said the fix or shown how to fix it so I figured I’d help !

Location of rusted connector

Yellow is old location, red is new location

Better picture of sanded panel with new connectors

Showing a better view of location of the issue

Finish product

Old bolt

Old bolt

Last edited by Coolmando; 11-26-2021 at 02:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-03-2022, 01:35 PM
Thumbs up 2006 STX grounding issues

I had the same grounding issue with my 2006 STX. Thank you very much to this tread for helping me fix it. My truck was acting totally wacky. Heater/AC would not turn on, no turn signals, could not get it out of park with the headlights on, dash lights were out, flashers on but not flashing, would not start with the headlights on. It was all caused by a rusted out ground lug just below the fuse box on the lower right side. I cut the three ground wires off of the old lug and wire nutted the ground wires to an 8 gauge wire which I attached to a clean part of the body using a copper mounting lug attached with a 3/4" #12 stainless steel sheet metal screw. For $7.86 (Home Depot) and this forum my STX is back to running normal again, thankfully. Thanks again to everyone on this thread!

I

Originally Posted by BMott210
s

Im new at this and I’m having the same issue with my 2006 f150 but I can’t seem to find the wire you’re talking about is there any chance you could post a picture or be more specific on where the wire is I’ve been looking for 45 mins and can’t find a wire that matches your description.

Old 07-30-2022, 08:16 AM
Amen to this post. Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Quick Reply: 2005 F-150 Electrical? Won't shift out of park