2004 - 2008 F-150

05 heater core

Old 12-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 heater core

I lost heat and got a sweet smell inside the cab cpl weeks ago so I blew out the heater core hoping was just clogged up... heat started working right after but sweet smell still there... now the windows are fogging up and impossible to drive.... Im assuming heater core but have not had any luck finding manuals on how to do it... does the entire dash come out or can it be done taking the glove box out like older models or super dutys?

Old 01-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxedout30
I lost heat and got a sweet smell inside the cab cpl weeks ago so I blew out the heater core hoping was just clogged up... heat started working right after but sweet smell still there... now the windows are fogging up and impossible to drive.... Im assuming heater core but have not had any luck finding manuals on how to do it... does the entire dash come out or can it be done taking the glove box out like older models or super dutys?
I had my heater core replaced recently. One day it literally sounded like water was flowing through my dashboard, and there was a very strong coolant smell in the cab. It cost about $1,000 for the repair. I was told that the parts weren't too costly, but that it was so expensive because of the labor involved-they told me that they had to remove the entire dashboard to access the heater core. Apparently the dashboard removal process takes several hours. Either way, I paid for my ignorance because I had no idea how to repair it myself.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you'll have to take dash apart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 heater core