2004 - 2008 F-150

Delta Pressure for Upstream Hose Test and Threshold

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta Pressure for Upstream Hose Test and Threshold

Hi guys. Was hoping someone had some experience with this issue. I don't have any codes on my 06' XLT 4.6. However, I have some hesitation at low speed and takeoff that has been going on for about 6 months now. I had a friend run a scan on my truck and the test says that my engine is running out of specification on the Delta Pressure Test (see title). My mechanic friend suggested that it could be the egr and that I shoudl take it off and clean it. Not exactly sure how to do that, I checked google and read some things about the dpfe sensor being a possible culprit. I was just hoping someone had experienced similar issues and could point me in the right direction before I start ripping my truck apart. Thanks.

Last edited by jpugh619; 10-07-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my 98 V8 5.4L Triton. Everything else in my scanner checks out, except this. I've tried cleaning the EGR tube, with carb cleaner and made sure there weren't any blocks but I haven't figured out why my truck runs somewhat rough around 50-60mph and slightly at idle.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
What are the exact numerical codes?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
@jpugh619, If you are referring to Mode 06 diagnostic report for Delta Pressures in kPa (Test ID $32, Completion ID $82 & $83), before you start tearing into it, please read the Motorcraft OBDII Theory of operation manual for your truck. Specifically the NOTE at bottom of page 68 of 159. This information might apply to your situation.

It states:

"Note: OBD monitor ID $32, Test ID $82 (upstream hose test) may erroneously show a failing test result when no P1405 DTC is present. This is cause by in incorrect max limit in the software. The incorrect max limit will show a negative value (approx -32 kPa). The correct max limit will show a positive value (approx. +32 kPa). Early production vehicles may exhibit this issue until the software is corrected by a production running change or service fix."

If you don't have a copy of the OBDII Theory manual for your truck, it's available for FREE from here. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/freeresources/obd It has a TON of extremely valuable information in it.

Quick Reply: Delta Pressure for Upstream Hose Test and Threshold