2004 - 2008 F-150

Amazon Auto Parts?

Old 09-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten a lot of stuff thru Amazon for business and personal use and for my personal cars and trucks. I've only had to return a couple of car parts and it was always no questions asked, free shipping back and a full refund.

I've not used ebay at all and the only other place I've used is etrailer.com for specific RV trailer parts that I felt was a good price have never had any issues with them.

I also go straight to the dealer for other stuff... Sometimes, that's all you can get exactly what you want and have it work..

I roll with the times of course, but sometimes I just have to go get the part from the source at times.. Yes, it costs more, but they have always worked!

Good luck! Mitch

Old 09-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joe51 View Post
FWIW there are also getting to be a LOT of fake parts on Ebay and Amazon

On the international scale, everything is being counterfeited. And a lot of those fakes are now in the United States. Once on US soil, it's fairly easy to distribute those products via wholesalers, distributors, and resellers. Even major retailers, like Costco, have sold counterfeit items.

Not here yet, but fake motor oil is a big problem worldwide.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Need a new battery for your truck?

Click image to open expanded view

Motorcraft BXT65850 Battery

by Motorcraft
1.0 out of 5 stars 3 customer reviews
Price:$682.94 & FREE Shipping

Old 09-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ordered a few parts from Amazon, but prefer RockAuto. With Amazon, you do have to be more careful with the "will it fit your car" function. I have had a couple of cases where the answer was not correct. I have never had any issue with RockAuto. ( no affiliation). eBay should be considered as virtual scrap yard - you may get a bargain, and it may be the ONLY source - but you will not be comfortable until the part is installed and working.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
x2 with DCLoppy.

I usually start out with Tasca, get the FPN OR RockAuto and get the MPN, then go searching from there.

This way as along as the FPN OR MPN matches up, you are good to go.

Unless they send you the wrong part.....

Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Once you have the correct part number, then using a search engine to find pricing and availability is pretty simple.

Just don't buy the first thing you see on amazon.com. Look at that battery price of $682.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amazon Auto Parts?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: