2004 - 2008 F-150

F-150 with Leer top cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-150 with Leer top cover

ANyone have a lead on a truck cover that will work with a leer/canopy? I've searched and found covers for the standard truck without top but would like one that fits well. Excursion cover might be too big?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Bump

Looking for a stock cover for Lariat with canopy. I only see non canopy ones. I'd like to cover the truck when I'm offshore for days, sometimes weeks.

-Chris

Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Maybe try looking for a cover made for an SUV like the Expedition/Excursion? Should have roughly the same dimensions depending on your wheelbase. Short of something custom, I can't imagine there's much of a market for outdoor truck covers with camper tops. It just isn't much of a demand.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try California Car Cover. They can custom make one for you.. It's probably going to be pricey but there excellent covers and probably your only option for perfect fit. I'd give them a call and tell then what you want.

I had a custom cover made for my Mustang few years ago, and was very pleased.

http://www.calcarcover.com/

Old 08-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
Try California Car Cover. They can custom make one for you.. It's probably going to be pricey but there excellent covers and probably your only option for perfect fit. I'd give them a call and tell then what you want.

I had a custom cover made for my Mustang few years ago, and was very pleased.

http://www.calcarcover.com/
Thanks! I've contacted them for pricing. I'll pay a bit more for something of quality that fits!

Old 08-18-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Squiffo
Thanks! I've contacted them for pricing. I'll pay a bit more for something of quality that fits!
You won't be disappointed. I have the Dustop, I purchased it because I put a larger Saleen wing and hood on my Mustang. I couldn't be happier.

For my truck, I purchased Fords OEM cover when I bought my truck in 04, it too is an incredible cover and still in fantastic shape. If i remember correctly I paid over $400 for it so quality covers are not cheap.

Good luck

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I think it was a "California Car Cover" that I had for my '67 Chevelle SS back in the early - mid 1980s. It was custom ordered, was in the 150-200 $ range, made of what they then called "Evolution III Fabric". It was able to breath but pores too small for water molecules to get through. That thing fit almost like a coat of paint and car stayed dry and clean under it ..... great cover!

Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the tips and rec's. The custom cover with smartweave breathable, UV resistant ran $595. There was a cheaper alternative but I'm going with the good stuff.
Will be ordering and post a pic or two when I get it.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Squiffo
Thanks for the tips and rec's. The custom cover with smartweave breathable, UV resistant ran $595. There was a cheaper alternative but I'm going with the good stuff.
Will be ordering and post a pic or two when I get it.
Sounds good.. Man, it's going to be a huge cover, have you thought about how your going to fold it up? It's probably going to be tricky, you don't wanna mess up the inside.

With mine I fold in the sides towards the middle and usually need a broom stick to get it over the cab then I pull and roll from the back over my bakflip tonneau cover.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
Sounds good.. Man, it's going to be a huge cover, have you thought about how your going to fold it up? It's probably going to be tricky, you don't wanna mess up the inside.

With mine I fold in the sides towards the middle and usually need a broom stick to get it over the cab then I pull and roll from the back over my bakflip tonneau cover.
I'm used to dealing with large (and expensive) sails so used to carefully folding large things . I'll probably have some loops added in the middle at the front, top of windshield and back. Add some lines to pull it down and fold.
I hadn't even thought about how to remove it!

Quick Reply: F-150 with Leer top cover