2004 - 2008 F-150

I found that annoying "thump" on takeoff, now where to get leaf spring bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found that annoying "thump" on takeoff, now where to get leaf spring bushings?

For over a year I've had this...thump when I take off from a dead stop. Not the trans mount, which is where it "felt" like it was coming from. I have a 2wd 04 SCREW Lariat with 163,000 so the possibilities are endless right? Not a u-joint, or that strange splined section of the driveshaft that wasn't lubed enough.

For the heck of it I decided to start just tightening bolts after changing the fuel filter yesterday and when I couldn't turn a single body mount bolt or anything else, I swung around the back to my LOWERING SHACKLES and the bushings between the leaf springs and the shackle looked...odd. So I touched them and they're disintegrating! This explains So Much about where my ride quality has gone, why my truck is wandering, and why I'm getting this metal to metal WHACK when my front tires go up into my driveway.

Now all I have to do is hope I can get these from the dealer, but I'm guessing these bushings came with my leveling kit (that I got in 04) since the factory bushings look perfect. I haven't logged on in a year but I swear I've read every thread about a noise, bump, or thud in the last year... Hey, at least I know what it is now!

Last edited by casslaw; 06-04-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: I found that annoying "thump" on takeoff, now where to get leaf spring bushings?