2004 - 2008 F-150

Door open chime

Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door open chime

Has anyone figured out how to disable the chime that sounds when the door opens? Been searching for awhile, haven't found a fix for that one.

I am NOT talking about the key in the ignition or the seat belt chime. It is the chime that sounds when the truck is running and you open the door.

I appreciate its a safety feature meant to alert the driver when the truck is running and a door opens. But if I am outside of the vehicle (and its in park) and I open the door, I don't need to hear the chime.

If it wasn't so loud/annoying it wouldn't be a big deal, but it is, so it is.

Thanks for suggestions...

Steve.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm not sure that it's able to be disabled, short of removing the chime altogether. You must open your doors while running a lot for it to bother you.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That damned door open chime irritates me too, it seems like it's screaming at me that the door's opened. Spoken with a few Ford Service writers and mechanics that tell me if I disconnect it, other systems will malfunction as well.
Not really the case, I used to have mine disconnected, but foolishly reconnected it because it's tied in with the headlight chime and the seatbelt chime too and I left my lights on accidentally so I reconnected the damned thing, I'm gonna find that chime and take it loose and really pay attention when I shut down so I don't come out to a dead battery again.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:20 PM
FX-4, can you let me know how you disconnected? My headlights are automatic (i never touch the switch) so I'm not worried about that. Or any other warning. In my last two vehicles I was able to remove the chime module completely, never ran out of gas or left the lights on accidentally.

Thanks, Steve.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by ksyg
FX-4, can you let me know how you disconnected? My headlights are automatic (i never touch the switch) so I'm not worried about that. Or any other warning. In my last two vehicles I was able to remove the chime module completely, never ran out of gas or left the lights on accidentally.

Thanks, Steve.
When I get it done, will do brother, will do.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:09 PM
FX-4 Did you ever disable it again and if so can you give us details on how to do that?

Old 03-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by stacyratliff
FX-4 Did you ever disable it again and if so can you give us details on how to do that?
Been as busy as a one armed paper hanger, so I haven't, sorry.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
There was a guy a while back that installed a rocker switch in the door panel to "close the switch" and trick the truck into thinking the door was closed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door open chime