2004 - 2008 F-150

anyone done coilovers/uniball upper control arms? thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone done coilovers/uniball upper control arms? thoughts?

im tired of my 2" autospring leveling kit. my rear has sagged some the front sits a little high now, and i dont like that i dont have much downtravel (coil hitting balljoint at droop) i just put new moog upper control arms on this truck about 40k ago and i think there on their way out. im running a 34 inch tire now, and i think im going down to 33's next time (because i dont want to regear, and i want some towing power back)

im reading about the camburg coilover kit that comes with the upper control arms that dont have a balljoint but cant seem to find out if the truck rides better with that setup vs a regular leveling kit. my truck used to ride great till i put 10 ply terra grapplers on it and i think my shocks are going bad (get a click out of the front end sometimes, ride is real choppy)

so my options are spend 2k on a nice kit like the camburg kit here

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/CAM...mance-Kit.html

or what i was going to do was get bilstein 5100's all the way around, set the front shocks at 1" of level, and get an add a leaf (autospring) for the rear and remove the stock blocks and get 2wd u bolts and new moog upper control arms (and hope i dont wear them out as fast because im only at 1 inch of level then)

that would bring the truck down a half inch in the rear and an inch in the front which will be fine since im going with a smaller tire.

any suggestions? i cant see spending 700 dollars on uniball upper ca's worth it just to keep my front end at 2 inches of level when i want to stiffen up the rear anyways (lessen the sag when i pull boats)

Old 09-08-2014, 01:38 PM
If you only want an inch of level I wouldn't spend the money on the uniball control arms. You won't have a noticeable ride difference between the two at that height.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:48 PM
well if the ride quality with coilovers is great, i would go with coilovers and uniball uppers and keep the front at 2 inches of level.

so i guess what im asking is my bilstein add a leaf setup is ballpark 750 dollars, so is the ride quality is worth 1200 dollars to go to coilovers?

i would like to have the extra inch of clearance up front but only if i did tubular uppers

Quick Reply: anyone done coilovers/uniball upper control arms? thoughts?