2004 - 2008 F-150

Code P0113 IAT sensor 5.4L 2004 F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P0113 IAT sensor 5.4L 2004 F150

Hey everyone,

I've been chasing down stalling issues on my F150 and today ran the code reader getting the following:

P0171
P0174
P0113

The first two I understand as related to lean codes on Bank 1/2. The last code related to the IAT sensor is a bit confusing.

My local parts store says they have this part in stock.. it's about $40 (CAD) but after searching online I'm completely confused as to whether this is integrated with the MAF or not. Nobody seems to be giving accurate information.

So how do I know for certain if my IAT is integrated with the MAF and if it is.. do I have to replace the MAF and the IAT at the same time? That's a much more expensive fix I'm seeing.

If the IAT is located elsewhere on my truck.. where is it's exact location? I've read that the Haynes manuals aren't very specific on this and I'd rather ask you all for some direction.

My VIN code is the "5" model. It's an XLT if that helps.

Thanks again for any help in advance!
Ty

Old 02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Ok so anyone reading this.. I spoke with Ford and for this F150 the IAT _is_ a part of the MAF.. which means that you have to replace the MAF to ensure the IAT issue is resolved. How nice.. go from a $30 part to $200.

Ford.. you're a bunch of nitwits.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:59 AM
What was the fix mine is throwing same code and dying under a load but idles fine and will rev in park and nuetral

Old 04-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The intake air temperature sensor _IS_ in fact part of the mass air flow sensor on your truck. AND, it is not 'nitwit' at all. The very term "MASS"air flow sensor suggests one must consider the temperature of the air to determine it's mass - given that air gets 'DENSER' as it gets cooler / "THINNER" as it gets hotter. Thus, effecting the mass. And that would definitely play into the two other codes.

Having said all that, I would suggest first trying cleaning all contacts on the MAF sensor device AND plug. Disconnect battery and unplug the 'Engine' plug at the PCM, (Center plug) and use some good spray contact cleaner in both plug and device / plug and unplug it several time trying to burnish the contacts and insure good contact. If that doesn't do anything for your code, then IMO you gotta' replace the MAF.

Quick Reply: Code P0113 IAT sensor 5.4L 2004 F150