2004 - 2008 F-150

taking it to the stealership today

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Well oil changes are $50, so I see it as $5 for them looking at it and/or breaking that COP.
It came with free oil changes for 3 years, the diagnosis was the 55. Every time they reccomend I upgrade to better oil and filter. Its more about them not doing what was asked that they do, I specified to do nothing under the hood. Just plug it in and look for codes. For example, Had they called and said they think there's a bad injector on a cylinder for a reason, I would've had them fix it. I know what is involved in properly scanning a vehicle while its running, it takes longer than it was in their shop. I wanted to pay for that.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:38 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Ford V8's have been numbered that way forever, starting with the first flathead. 1-2-3-4 on passenger side front to rear, 5-6-7-8 driver's side front to rear. Firing orders have changed over the years with different engines, but not the numbering scheme.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:14 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
I hate to tell you this, but the 3rd one back on the passenger side is in fact #3.........

And you call THEM a stealership?
I was gonna say, I was surprised no one else picked that up before you posted George. I started laughing at that... glad it's all good though OP

Old 12-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just looked in my engine rebuilding book from college after tearing up Google. They show firing order as the furthest cylinder forward as 1 and over to 2 etc, seems that is how Chevy does it, and I worked at a Chevy dealer. Now that I think about it I know I tuned up my 86 f150 at least once, so its in the brain somewhere.

Not gunna lie, feel kinda dumb for that one.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by worm5932
It came with free oil changes for 3 years, the diagnosis was the 55. Every time they reccomend I upgrade to better oil and filter. Its more about them not doing what was asked that they do, I specified to do nothing under the hood. Just plug it in and look for codes. For example, Had they called and said they think there's a bad injector on a cylinder for a reason, I would've had them fix it. I know what is involved in properly scanning a vehicle while its running, it takes longer than it was in their shop. I wanted to pay for that.
Ah, I knew you said it was free, but why I didn't know. What better oil and filter is there than the Motorcraft synblend 5w-20 and the FL-820-s (is that right?) filter? Nuthin as far as cost is even remotely concerned. The guy that I gave my keys to asked if I wanted my tires rotated and/or the whole truck checked over. "Nope, just rotated em a week ago and the rest of it is fine." Then I was pissed when I got it back and he told me they checked the brakes and a few other things, but then said it was complimentary and they do it on all vehicles, and I was relieved haha. I hate fighting about stuff like that when people do things I don't ask them to do . . .

Old 12-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
I hate to tell you this, but the 3rd one back on the passenger side is in fact #3.........

And you call THEM a stealership?

Quick Reply: taking it to the stealership today