2004 - 2008 F-150

2008 F150 5.4 extended crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F150 5.4 extended crank

I have a 2008 Ford F150 Supercab 5.4 3v 4x4 automatic. Every now and then my truck will just for some reason have a long crank, almost sounds like a older car trying to start while its flooded. Im a truck driver so i am gone all week, and that is how long the Ford dealership had my vehicle...a week. Nothing was found ofcourse but a Ford mechanic told me to replace the starter....Ford wouldn't would not attempt a repair due to the fact that they could not duplicate my problem. Replaced the starter, (PITA btw) along with a new battery. Starter was bench tested at Advance Auto Parts and was tested bad, really dont think the guy knew what he was doing but I was tired so i was like heck with it. A week goes by which btw is maybe five drive cycles for me, the truck did the long crank again. A ray of hope popped up one Monday morning, a code shown up, PO1233 and it was my FPDM. So i put the Dorman version on my truck. Anyway the wierd part about it, my truck runs SO much better now, power wise EVERYTHING. Throttle respones is awesome. That leads me to believe my truck hasn't ran "right" since i have owned it which was 2008. Always thought it ran fine until this. Anyway, truck still does the long cranking maybe 1 out of 15 drive cycles. I change the fuel filter every 6months oil every 3k. Truck has a AirAid intake and a Magnaflow catback. Truck had done this maybe 30times in my 5 years of ownership. Before and after any modifications. Mass Air Flow cleaned every 6months with CRC MAF Cleaner. Throttle body is cleaned maybe once a year with CRC Intake cleaner. I have the oil less filter and a prefilter on my intake. Spark plugs have NOT been replaced yet. Alrighty, that is my first post! Hope i didnt start a new thread that has already been posted, i didnt see one when i searched. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I have a scan tool that will show you fuel pressure 40ish psi with the key on spike up to 75ish when you start back down to 40ish with it running at idle its hard to get a exact number because it happens so quick

Quick Reply: 2008 F150 5.4 extended crank